General Trading Chat

goldenedge

Hi, just a quick question.

Crude oil cover order margin with zerodha is close to 1 lakh for a single contract. I wanted to switch brokers now.

Can you recommend a broker with highest crude oil cover order margins? Ideally I want a broker that allows me to trade 1 crude oil cover order under rs 10,000.

Thanks in advance.

travi

Guys, today I noticed these TRI scrips for various sectors. Looks like ETFs. Googling didn't bring up anything useful.

View attachment 44931

Can someone provide more information about it ?
Just from what i recall, i've seen on NSE website.

Now i dont know if your dropdown refers to the same, but TRI means total returns index. That generally means index return with dividend etc

So TRI Nifty 50 is
1605867787764.png

As of yest, when NS was around 12800, factoring all payouts, it is actually coming up to 18K.
I'm also surprised at this huge return :D

We should actually use this TRI as benchmark but most of the time we just talk about nifty 50 going from 10k to 12k but that is just the index - earnings.

If you see, companies that go out are weak, those that come in are strong and they deliver even better, so this active churning allows more compounding then the just the Dry NS index values.

TRI must be more like indices, not tradable scrips imo .

checkmate7

Last edited by a moderator:
WHO Advises Against Remdesivir For Coronavirus Treatment
US President Donald Trump was treated with remdesivir among other medicines after he tested positive for Covid-19 in October.
WorldAgence France-PresseUpdated: November 20, 2020 5:48 am IST

WHO recommendation was based on four international randomised trials.

"Paris:
The anti-viral drug remdesivir should not be used to treat Covid-19 patients no matter how severe their illness as it has "no important effect" on survival chances, the World Health Organization said Friday.

Scratching one of the few treatments that had shown some initial promise in severe patients, a WHO Guideline Development Group (GDG) of international experts said there was "no evidence based on currently available data that it does improve patient-important outcomes".
The United States, the European Union and other countries have granted temporary approval for the use of remdesivir after initial research showed it may shorten recovery time in some coronavirus patients."

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/who-advises-against-remdesivir-for-coronavirus-treatment-2327702

Posting this here instead of the corona thread because even with vaccine, there will be false starts and false positives. The markets will get excited and react either way. I suppose that should affect only short term traders.