General Trading Chat

A rate cut won't go down well with the general public. At present, and for a while longer, the public sentiment will bend towards savings. Lower returns on savings will not be a very productive move.

Circuit pe circuit... Go Jet go... only 5x more and we'll reach my buying price... :D
Jet Airways' second coming will depend on reclaiming slots
In the first two to three years, an investment of about Rs 2,000 crore will come from the consortia and cash flow is also expected to resume with ticket sales once the airline starts flying again.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-on-reclaiming-slots/articleshow/78761848.cms

A global super cycle coming up 18-24 months from now
We are very early in the cycle and are seeing only a few cylinders firing. We will see a few more firing along the way and 18 or 24 months from now, we will have a super cycle coming up globally, says Jeetu Panjabi.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

"I would say the number of businesses or the number of companies per businesses has shrunk. So a very competitive environment gets less competitive which is great for profit pools. I will be extremely bullish on profit pools a year or 18 months from now..."

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
interest rates need to be cut. it might fuel demand from borrowers, could increase inflation, which should be good bcos it means supply of money is increasing.. we had 10-12% inflation recently and could easily manage upto that point. beside, its been long time food inflation was kept low (6-8 years ) that farmers and small growers are not getting good returns! india cannot grow if poor doesn't get value for their produce.

for savers, spend, spend spend for nation building. For higher return, demand for riskier assets will grow (stocks, mfs etc)

interest rates need to be cut. it might fuel demand from borrowers, could increase inflation, which should be good bcos it means supply of money is increasing.. we had 10-12% inflation recently and could easily manage upto that point. beside, its been long time food inflation was kept low (6-8 years ) that farmers and small growers are not getting good returns! india cannot grow if poor doesn't get value for their produce.

for savers, spend, spend spend for nation building. For higher return, demand for riskier assets will grow (stocks, mfs etc)
Won't corporates borrow at any rate (reasonable, of course) if there is demand on the horizon? Repo rate was close to 7% in 2006 and still people were borrowing for capex... Today they are not borrowing at 4%... Will they borrow at 3.75?
Also I don't know about inflation... it has puzzled me for the past 2-3 years... things are getting costlier in personal experience, but the inflation index remains stable... especially now in Corona era this has worsened... kal chai packet khareeda - mrp changed by 20% in one month... on some other items the weight went down by 20% (you introduced me to the concept of shrinkflation last time, I remember)... shaving wale ne rates 2x kar diye hai and same with other services too... ab kya bataye... CPI includes services and yet seems inching higher but stable enough...