General Trading Chat

Raj232

big number states are turning the corner i think, except Karnataka.
Check the numbers for Karnataka too.. they are coming down.. especially Bengaluru (Urban) which had :

37,760 cases on 01-August, which has started dropping slowly (similar to Nifty)
36,290 cases on 03-August

It would go below 30K level by August 15, (or at least I'm hoping so) :)

Raj232

Pricing Covid-19 vaccines too high could backfire on big pharmaceutical companies

A world without global intellectual property would be one of constant electronic warfare. State-backed hacking, such as China apparently tried with Moderna this week, would be a constant threat. Nor would companies enjoy a comfortable relationship with their own governments, who would see them less as engines of growth and more as storehouses of national wealth.

A world without global intellectual property would be one of constant electronic warfare. State-backed hacking, such as China apparently tried with Moderna this week, would be a constant threat. Nor would companies enjoy a comfortable relationship with their own governments, who would see them less as engines of growth and more as storehouses of national wealth.

https://health.economictimes.indiat...fire-on-big-pharmaceutical-companies/77327072

Saw this news item today:
Aarti Industries has demerged its home and personal care division and named it as Aarti Surfactants, which listed on exchanges with effect from July 14

Should the share holders of Aarti Industries not get the proportional shares in the new company? I don't see any such changes in my Demat account. Can someone clarify, please?

Raj232

Big shake-up: Cipla sees 3 big exits from top management of India business

Drugmaker Cipla has seen three senior-level exits as it navigates Covid-19 challenges in the country and ramps up focus on chronic therapies. Those leaving the company include Nikhil Chopra, head of India business, Nikhil Lalwani, who served as head of US business, and Kunal Khanna, head of chronic and emerging therapies.

Chopra is a Cipla veteran and has been with the company for nearly two and a half decades. Lalwani was to move to India as a head of prescriptions but could not join because of travel restrictions, it is learnt. He has now joined another drugmaker in the US as its chief executive. Arunesh Verma from Torrent has taken over Lalwani’s post.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...agement-of-india-business-120080400043_1.html

Saw this news item today:
Aarti Industries has demerged its home and personal care division and named it as Aarti Surfactants, which listed on exchanges with effect from July 14

Should the share holders of Aarti Industries not get the proportional shares in the new company? I don't see any such changes in my Demat account. Can someone clarify, please?
Sir ye last year hua thha if I remember correctly... near election time... record date was also similar and existing share holders were to be given preference shares in surfactants business...