General Trading Chat

AJK

There are tonnes of groceries and vegetables getting rotten with the food banks etc. Prices could be lowered to more could be given via ration shops to the poor.

I'm against the use of word "CASH" and any spending of "CASH" by government especially since there is no track of "CASH" being spent.

Use Dhan-Jan account so that there is track. If the labourers dont have track of their "Jan-Dhan" account and No aadhaar card, then they are not really fist to be called citizens, and so no relief should be given to such category.
Cash is cash anywhere i think. Govt may adapt food coupon like stuff to buy groceries, but still it would take time for implementation and may not give immediate relief...

AJK

Meanwhile the other brother... this will be a litmus test for existing or potential Reliance shareholders... this, and response of Amazon and Flipkart et. al.

https://www.jiomart.com/

JioMart Live: Mukesh Ambani’s JioMart website live now; to compete with Amazon, Flipkart, BigBasket, Grofers
https://www.financialexpress.com/in...-offers-discounts-on-select-products/1968850/
The whole FB contact base would be potential resource to Jio Mart, plus whatsapp users with whatsapp pay if enabled, FB may introduce their crypto for reward schemes, FB profiles of businesses connected to Jii Mart. If they want to start education or job portal, FB profile may then turn to be job profile, much like LinkedIn stuff... Some of many things come to my thoughts....

I feel targeted benefit transfer is the norm - for normal times. We clearly are not living through normal times. Some amount of disbursal losses and pilferage should be presumed and absorbed, and depending on money available, the number of beneficiaries should be decided so that the resources are equitably distributed but not spread too thin. In fact, targeting is counter productive and economically costly in such a scenario.

The most efficient distribution medium should be employed, but lack of such delivery mechanisms (which should have already been in place btw) should not be an excuse to not deliver assistance at all. Help should be provided by any means available and the incumbent losses should be thought of as a penalty for not having a system in place for all these years.

And most of all, we should begin to trust our citizens to do the right thing. Sure, there will be lapses and setbacks initially, but unless we empower our citizens with responsibility, and continue to infantalize them or worse, treat them as suspects, we would not grow as a nation. For far too long have we lived in the shadow of distrust between government and citizens and worse yet, between government and its own employees. We need to break this chain and abandon this atmosphere of suspicion of our own.

The situation is really grim in the east

‘I can apologise or you can cut off my head’: Mamata Banerjee on protests over Cyclone Amphan response
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...an-response/story-mJdbfejdgEQmS66jFQYdFP.html
Ye sab political dramabazi hai sir... they have to save their skins after all... remember the demonetization crying speech of Modi ji "50 days or punish me in the street-square" ... The truth is that W.Bengal was ill-prepared and now those responsible will try every trick in the book to cover up for their incompetence... especially when the neighbour Odisha did not suffer as much (to be fair, all thanks to lessons from 1999 cyclone which wrecked the state completely)... the least we can hope is that they learn from the mistakes and don't repeat them.

AJK

Even the so called cash transfer of Rs. 500 in women jan dhan account, who know where it is spent? Men would take out money and may spend it on “daru/tadi” etc... supplying free foods grains is also doggy in corrupt India. It will be sold for money in remote places or some will claim distributed to 100 when actual numbers are 80
Today i bought jackfruit from a street vendor in our place, an old man with his wife. he said besides the ration, no benefits came, but he and others were able to manage with the ration. and now that zone status changed they're back to selling fruit and veg. the free ration helped millions manage this crisis, at least no one is hungry, that's a plus point. ration included a kit of supplies at our place i think..

Today i bought jackfruit from a street vendor in our place, an old man with his wife. he said besides the ration, no benefits came, but he and others were able to manage with the ration. and now that zone status changed they're back to selling fruit and veg. the free ration helped millions manage this crisis, at least no one is hungry, that's a plus point. ration included a kit of supplies at our place i think..
Yes, agree. In Delhi too, many people received 5-10 kg dry ration, and countless others are still availing the benefit of the lunch/dinner served at various locations. Each person can take home food for 10 others. That too has helped avoid crowding at these locations.