General Trading Chat

TraderRavi

low risk profile
India set to ship drug sought by Trump for coronavirus

NEW DELHI/AHMEDABAD (Reuters) - India is set to begin shipping the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to the United States where President Donald Trump has touted it as a potential weapon against the coronavirus.

“The first shipments should start next week,” said Sudarshan Jain, secretary general of Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA).

India is the world’s largest producer of hydroxychloroquine but last month banned most exports to secure its own supplies, drawing warnings of retaliation from Trump.

This week India allowed some exports of the drug and Trump has thanked New Delhi for the decision.
Jain said companies in India are ramping up capacity to meet the U.S. demand, including Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, IPCA Laboratories and Cadila Healthcare.

Cadila has increased production tenfold to 30 metric tonnes per month and is ready to produce more if needed, Managing Director Sharvil Patel told Reuters.

Companies are ramping up while battling a three-week nationwide lockdown India imposed on March 25.
Cadila is based in Gujarat, a drug production hub where industry insiders say the shutdown has forced companies to contend with supply chain disruptions and worker shortages.

“There are 28 manufacturers of hydroxychloroquine in Gujarat,” said H.G. Koshia, a senior drugs department official. “All of them have enhanced production in view of rise in demand.”

The IPA’s Jain said firms were confident they could produce adequate quantities to meet both global and domestic demand.

“The government is getting a lot of requests from other countries,” Jain noted.
India is stocking at least four months’ supply and has agreed to export to at least 30 countries, according to export body Pharmexcil’s estimates.

Hydroxychloroquine is unproven as a treatment but its use has soared as the United States has quickly become the epicentre of the pandemic.
U.S. deaths due to coronavirus topped 16,400, while India’s death toll stands at 199.

https://in.reuters.com/article/heal...sought-by-trump-for-coronavirus-idINKCN21S19D

TraderRavi

low risk profile
South Korea reports recovered coronavirus patients testing positive again

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean officials on Friday reported 91 patients thought cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again.

Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), told a briefing that the virus may have been “reactivated” rather than the patients being re-infected.
South Korean health officials said it remains unclear what is behind the trend, with epidemiological investigations still under way.

The prospect of people being re-infected with the virus is of international concern, as many countries are hoping that infected populations will develop sufficient immunity to prevent a resurgence of the pandemic.
The South Korean figure had risen from 51 such cases on Monday.

Nearly 7,000 South Koreans have been reported as recovered from COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

“The number will only increase, 91 is just the beginning now,” said Kim Woo-joo, professor of infectious diseases at Korea University Guro Hospital.

The KCDC’s Jeong raised the possibility that rather than patients being re-infected, the virus may have been “reactivated”.

Kim also said patients had likely “relapsed” rather than been re-infected.
False test results could also be at fault, other experts said, or remnants of the virus could still be in patients’ systems but not be infectious or of danger to the host or others.

“There are different interpretations and many variables,” said Jung Ki-suck, professor of pulmonary medicine at Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital.

“The government needs to come up with responses for each of these variables”.
South Korea on Friday reported 27 new cases, its lowest after daily cases peaked at more than 900 in late February, according to KCDC, adding the total stood at 10,450 cases.
The death toll rose by seven to 211, it said.

The city of Daegu, which endured the first large coronavirus outbreak outside of China, reported zero new cases for the first time since late February.
With at least 6,807 confirmed cases, Daegu accounts for more than half of all South Korea’s total infections.

https://in.reuters.com/article/us-h...patients-testing-positive-again-idINKCN21S15X

bpr

Make in India may get a further boost...

1586533957882.png

I don't understands these posts every now and then these posts keep coming up...
Unless some indian comapnies makes better mobile phones at cheaper price ..I will keep buying chinesese...
I want india govt remove further relaxation so that I can gett all chinese goods at even cheper prices...
Let indian companies comptee at equal footing and prove their worth ...
I am a consumer ...it is global economy ...
Please stop !!
BTW these boycott stuff never works ...not now not in the past...

I don't understands these posts every now and then these posts keep coming up...
Unless some indian comapnies makes better mobile phones at cheaper price ..I will keep buying chinesese...
I want india govt remove further relaxation so that I can gett all chinese goods at even cheper prices...
Let indian companies comptee at equal footing and prove their worth ...
I am a consumer ...it is global economy ...
Please stop !!
BTW these boycott stuff never works ...not now not in the past...
Venezuela used to be a super rich country literally floating on oil. They never produced anything else, not even their own bread. Then in times of crisis, it is struck by hyperinflation due to unavailability of even essential goods. Google it and go through many articles to get a clear perspective (one or two articles may be biased).

The point is that in times of crisis, protectionism is a valid strategy. It's not only about business, but also about mass employment. Unemployment breeds its own evils.

Venezuela used to be a super rich country literally floating on oil. They never produced anything else, not even their own bread. Then in times of crisis, it is struck by hyperinflation due to unavailability of even essential goods. Google it and go through many articles to get a clear perspective (one or two articles may be biased).

The point is that in times of crisis, protectionism is a valid strategy. It's not only about business, but also about mass employment. Unemployment breeds its own evils.
yes.. Make in India means foreigners to come India and use their technology and finance and produce goods ..at the time of crisis they simply wind up and go .. Made in India means technology and finance are ours and they will remain to save country at the time of crisis

Last edited:

bpr

Not against make in india campiagn ...
The last phone I bought was poco f1 which was assembled in India. I was super surprised
Partly becuase of make in india campaign they get some exmption in tax and other beneifits ...
but more than that I think the main reason probbaly for xiomi, India is now 2nd biggest market after china..
Even without make in India they will eventually open factories here ..
Let govt do their thing to nudge companies to manufacture in India it is a slow long process...
Let companies decide whether they want to manufacture india or not...
Let consumer decide what they want to buy ...
but please stop using word boycott that sounds stupidishh...

supply and demand is the truth everything else false...

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Not clear about what you are trying to say. Please edit your answer to explain.
Made in India means products are engineered and made in india. Make is india mostly means made for export.
Edit: this is why make in India program failed as govt could not provide necessary labour, land reforms before making proposals to world. Why would Tesla want to build its cars in India with conditions like “local sourcing” when parts it uses aren’t available in India?

Last edited: