General Trading Chat

In my opinion, If we wanted tit for tat, India should impose heavy fine in remittance of profit for US firms. It would make more noise and coca cola and other firms will lobby on our behalf.
In a tit for tat, USA may impose tit for tat taxes on or IT firms on some pretext; or maybe on some other products.

It's US farmer's everyone (EU, China now India) is going after,
and rightly so, want to influence voters in the swing states . . .

And for likes of Coke & Pepsi, think its time to give them a taste of
what Chinese do, introduce some non-tariff barriers into picture

It's US farmer's everyone (EU, China now India) is going after,
and rightly so, want to influence voters in the swing states . . .

And for likes of Coke & Pepsi, think its time to give them a taste of
what Chinese do, introduce some non-tariff barriers into picture

Pepsi tried pressurising our farmers some time ago, using the pretext of patented potatoes. It fell flat.

It didn't fell flat...although it seems so...
Its a stratigical move by multinationals....give a warning shot...
It is time for payback, , introduce desi options/alternates and then supply chain disruption etc.
anyway they are not offering any high tech non replaceable products . . .

https://www.businessinsider.in/anil...r-says-money-missing/articleshow/69819256.cms

Anil Ambani company Reliance Infra's auditors reveal all, say there is missing money on balance sheet

Show me the Money
The auditors were referring to various amounts mentioned by Reliance Infra ‘recoverables’ like ₹71 billion (₹7,083 crore) which comprised of inter-corpor including interest and advances. Reliance Infrastructure also claimed to have corporate guarantees to the tune of ₹17.7 billion (₹1,775 crore) in favour of th borrowings, which too auditors find no evidence of

Yes, read that news. I wonder what is the auditor's responsibility in such a case - whether to report it to the authorities right away, or make a media tamasha.

.[/QUOTE]
https://www.businessinsider.in/anil...r-says-money-missing/articleshow/69819256.cms

Anil Ambani company Reliance Infra's auditors reveal all, say there is missing money on balance sheet

Show me the Money
The auditors were referring to various amounts mentioned by Reliance Infra ‘recoverables’ like ₹71 billion (₹7,083 crore) which comprised of inter-corpor including interest and advances. Reliance Infrastructure also claimed to have corporate guarantees to the tune of ₹17.7 billion (₹1,775 crore) in favour of th borrowings, which too auditors find no evidence of