General Trading Chat

Dear all,
I have a MF portfolio and investing in these MFs on monthly lumpsum basis. Now I am planning to diversified the investment and thinking to invest some of my amount in FD with an option of monthly payout to my bank account.
Considering the above I am confused between company FD and bank FD for safe investment. I have checked IDFC bank FD, NBFCs like Mahindra Finance, Shri Ram Transport, Bajaj Finance etc.
Anyone please advice which option is better for safe investment to diversify my investment and if premature withdrawal is also available that would be good.
Please advice.

soft_trader

Dear all,
I have a MF portfolio and investing in these MFs on monthly lumpsum basis. Now I am planning to diversified the investment and thinking to invest some of my amount in FD with an option of monthly payout to my bank account.
Considering the above I am confused between company FD and bank FD for safe investment. I have checked IDFC bank FD, NBFCs like Mahindra Finance, Shri Ram Transport, Bajaj Finance etc.
Anyone please advice which option is better for safe investment to diversify my investment and if premature withdrawal is also available that would be good.
Please advice.
in my opinion, bank FDs are safer, if not the safest.

Finished one reading of Saurabh Mukherjea’s “ Unusual Billionaires” book this weekend.Very simple language,hard core data based and backtested the coffee can portfolios starting from year 2000 onwards analysing 15-16 portfolios....very good reading material.

It also has chapters on each of some solid wealth creators giving full analysis and reasons why that stock/ company is wealth compounder....

Smart_trade
ST Da,

Is there any soft copy of the Book available, please share.

soft_trader

Thanks !
Can all banks be considered like IDFC etc. or only major bank like SBI, AXIS, PNB etc. may be considered.
To be honest, PSU bank gives comfort of mind, but still no problem with full fledged private banks like HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, IDFC etc. the reason being, with such big banks, RBI won't allow them to fail. Even in case of bad financials of the bank, RBI will step in to have it merged with any other bank.
But never go with cooperative banks.

ST Da,

Is there any soft copy of the Book available, please share.
It is available on internet but for obvious reasons I cannot post a link here......search, you will get it.Paperback version is available in local bookstalls and on Amazon at cheap prices.

ST

Damn !! The whole day got wasted by unreliable connection -

1551781541126.png

This goes for both Jio and Airtel. I wonder if there is a problem with my laptop's wifi or something.

Damn !! The whole day got wasted by unreliable connection -

View attachment 33708

This goes for both Jio and Airtel. I wonder if there is a problem with my laptop's wifi or something.
I also faced drop problem with Jio, multiple disconnection during the day but Airtel was working fine.