General Trading Chat

Domestic retail investors take 30% hit as equity markets decline

About 70% of the loss since August 2018 due to high weightage in mid- and small-cap shares
Krishna Kant | Mumbai Last Updated at March 4, 2019 01:20 IST

The recent downturn in equity markets has hit retail investors in a big way but the benchmark equity indices understate the losses suffered by them. The Nifty50 index is down only 7.5 per cent from its August 2018 all-time high but retail investors — those with investments of Rs 2 lakh or less in a company — have lost nearly 30 per cent of the gains they made in the mid- and small-cap rally of the previous two and half years. The value of the total retail equity portfolio is now worth Rs 11.1 trillion, down from Rs 12.6 trillion at the end of August 2018. ...

https://www.business-standard.com/article/printer-friendly-version?article_id=119030300580_1

I have parked my funds in Reliance,HDFC and Franklin Templeton short term bonds Fund but the best return is from Franklin India Ultra Short Term Bonds super institutional plan growth option fund. These are short term bonds so there is no exit load.

Smart_trade
Sir, What is idle time for investment for these types of funds i.e. Ultra Short Term Bonds.

Sir, What is idle time for investment for these types of funds i.e. Ultra Short Term Bonds.
Anything from 5-7 days to 4-5 months.When we want to park the funds for a few months,we cannot do bank FD as we dont know when the market will provide the opportunity to deploy these funds....

For very short time ie 1-2 days, one can use liquid funds.

Smart_trade

Dear all,
I have a MF portfolio and investing in these MFs on monthly lumpsum basis. Now I am planning to diversified the investment and thinking to invest some of my amount in FD with an option of monthly payout to my bank account.
Considering the above I am confused between company FD and bank FD for safe investment. I have checked IDFC bank FD, NBFCs like Mahindra Finance, Shri Ram Transport, Bajaj Finance etc.
Anyone please advice which option is better for safe investment to diversify my investment and if premature withdrawal is also available that would be good.
Please advice.

soft_trader

Dear all,
I have a MF portfolio and investing in these MFs on monthly lumpsum basis. Now I am planning to diversified the investment and thinking to invest some of my amount in FD with an option of monthly payout to my bank account.
Considering the above I am confused between company FD and bank FD for safe investment. I have checked IDFC bank FD, NBFCs like Mahindra Finance, Shri Ram Transport, Bajaj Finance etc.
Anyone please advice which option is better for safe investment to diversify my investment and if premature withdrawal is also available that would be good.
Please advice.
in my opinion, bank FDs are safer, if not the safest.