General Trading Chat

ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has started a facility of cashless hospitalisation under a scheme known as Medical Advantage Feature....the details are given below....

https://www.icicipruamc.com/medical-advantage-feature

This is a service without any charges to the investor and cashless settlement is done by the Third Party Administrator selling units in the designated schemes and settling hospital bills.This facility is available for joint holder also. This may be a great help because the medical emergency can strike at even night or bank holidays when banks are closed and hospitals refuse to admit patient unless a hefty deposit is paid. The relatives then have to rush to ATMs for cash withdrawal at odd hours and ATMs being out of cash is very common these days...this Card will atleast help getting admitted in the hospital and the treatment could be started before the other sources of money is tapped in the morning.....they have tie up with over 5000 hospitals in the country.

To tackle the issue, we have formed a group of 5 relatives residing in 5 km radius and each has kept cash of Rs 30,000 in his house so that for any emergency, Rs 1,50,000 is available within few minutes but ICICI scheme also seems additional good solution.Our Rs 1,50,000 is available as emergency cash even to other relatives who are not part of the group .

This is not health insurance product but it is liquidating our investments in the funds and settling hospital bill with sales proceeds.

Smart_trade
I have joined this facility just 2 days ago...today got the Medical Advantage Card from ICICI Prudential Mutual fund ,separate cards for me and my wife.....looks interesting , but hope I dont have to ever use this card.....:) it is only for emergency need...

Smart_trade

Sidz

I have joined this facility just 2 days ago...today got the Medical Advantage Card from ICICI Prudential Mutual fund ,separate cards for me and my wife.....looks interesting , but hope I dont have to ever use this card.....:) it is only for emergency need...

Smart_trade
Why dont you opt for medical insurance instead? You are basically using the profit from stock markets to avail cashless hospitalization at non-subsidized rates which is equivalent to not having any medical insurance and paying in cash.

Or am I missing anything?

Why dont you opt for medical insurance instead? You are basically using the profit from stock markets to avail cashless hospitalization at non-subsidized rates which is equivalent to not having any medical insurance and paying in cash.

Or am I missing anything?
I had a mediclaim insurance jointly with my wife but discontinued it 10 years ago as every year the premiums used to go up and for a cover of 3 Lacs I was paying Rs 12000 that time...so I discontinued it and had a separate Mutual Fund where I invest Rs 12000 every year and the Fund Value is over Rs 2 .5 Lacs now.....now this year the increase in premium is steep and the premium comes to over 24000 for the same cover...and it will keep increasing due to high claims the insurance companies are facing.

Having funds in my Mutual Fund has advantage that premiums don’t go up though voluntarily I can increase the contribution.I don’t worry about claim settlement as the money is with me.There are no exclusions for various ailments.In addition to this MF I have also done extra provision for medical expenses so I now don’t need insurance...this facility is only to get hospitalisation done if emergency comes in the night and we don’t spend our energy in withdrawing money from various ATMs.....so in effect it is not a medical insurance...... insurance cover of even 4-5 Lacs is not sufficient these days as cost of medical treatment is skyrocketing.I have made sufficiently large provision for medical expenses,this card is only to be used for a day or two till the banks open and I get access to my funds.

Smart_trade