General Trading Chat

lemondew

St da,

The current nifty flow has been little irritating. Its been moving 4 steps down and 3 steps up. Neither a perfect range nor a trend. A slow range kind of downtrend. Been slightly late in reading it though. Adds after a new low have failed. The upper end of range to short hasnt been really obvious for me to pick too. Interesting.

Get a feeling an understanding of structure of market along with reasonable expectations are good for my mindset and for my learning too.

Big profits expectations puts too much pressure

bpr

Ashwani Gujral trades with Rs 70 Lakhs Trading Capital. On Twitter he posts his daily screenshot and he never posts his trade but posts overall qty traded and M to M....on average he makes 5-7 Lakhs per day...he posted his month’s ledger also....not easy to post such performance every day .

No idea how he manages his MM but I give him full credit for making 8-10 % of his capital every day.....on loosing days also he comes out as a winner in the end..We cannot deny that credit to him....he must be trading big positions on small stops and once he gets onto a winner,he must be holding it....

He recently conducted seminars in Delhi and Mumbai giving live trading demonstrations in BNF.....anyone attended his workshops ?

Though I admire him,I would not like to follow his trading plans....I am fine with 8-15 % in a month on my capital with very rigid risk control and slow and steady but definite build up of wealth.....may sound like old fashioned ....but that is for me.

Smart_trade
Ok it got my curiosity and I checked his twitter ..
I see bunch of Kite screenshot with profit ...The excel screenshot I will ignore as it can be manipulated
What if he opens two opposite trades in 2 accounts and let them sit till end ..whatever makes money and that screenshot goes ...
the age old trickery ...

Ashwani Gujral trades with Rs 70 Lakhs Trading Capital. On Twitter he posts his daily screenshot and he never posts his trade but posts overall qty traded and M to M....on average he makes 5-7 Lakhs per day...he posted his month’s ledger also....not easy to post such performance every day .

No idea how he manages his MM but I give him full credit for making 8-10 % of his capital every day.....on loosing days also he comes out as a winner in the end..We cannot deny that credit to him....he must be trading big positions on small stops and once he gets onto a winner,he must be holding it....

He recently conducted seminars in Delhi and Mumbai giving live trading demonstrations in BNF.....anyone attended his workshops ?

Though I admire him,I would not like to follow his trading plans....I am fine with 8-15 % in a month on my capital with very rigid risk control and slow and steady but definite build up of wealth.....may sound like old fashioned ....but that is for me.

Smart_trade
He doesn't post the quantity traded, only the gross profit.

Maybe someone can find some tweet of his showing the quantity, buy/sell price too (his admin positions window). At present we don't know how much he makes per lot.

Ok it got my curiosity and I checked his twitter ..
I see bunch of Kite screenshot with profit ...The excel screenshot I will ignore as it can be manipulated
What if he opens two opposite trades in 2 accounts and let them sit till end ..whatever makes money and that screenshot goes ...
the age old trickery ...
As ST mentioned earlier, can't deny him the credit. There will always be doubters asking for full ledger and this and that (we had a guy like that here who claimed to be a loser after 14-15 years in the market). But going by the screenshots, he has tons of profitable days and is impressive.

He is going to post his yearend statement tomorrow, as per his earlier tweets.

suri112000

95% loose and 5% win is the dictum.

These 5% slots are always shuffled by 95%. Hence, any trader in 5% slots cannot guarantee a permanent place there. He will probably get replaced by someone who is originally in 95% slot and the process goes on. Hence, there will be 5% winners always but they could not be same when time passes.

Is this the reason why some people who make money donot want to show their real trades and ledger?

These 5% slots are always shuffled by 95%. Hence, any trader in 5% slots cannot guarantee a permanent place there. He will probably get replaced by someone who is originally in 95% slot and the process goes on. Hence, there will be 5% winners always but they could not be same when time passes.

Is this the reason why some people who make money donot want to show their real trades and ledger?
The way I figure is, there is no benefit in publicly displaying the ledger, for the big winners. It will only attract attention, mostly unwanted attention, and maybe distract you from your trading. Also, it may be bad for personal security.

Trading is a lonely business. The winners went through years of pain, learning and losses, went through it alone.

okabira

this is possible

He doesn't post the quantity traded, only the gross profit.

Maybe someone can find some tweet of his showing the quantity, buy/sell price too (his admin positions window). At present we don't know how much he makes per lot.

If I remember correctly, he used to post quantity traded a few months back and in one instance the TTQ was close to 13000 BNF. He had mentioned that it was multiple trades and not one trade.

If I remember correctly, he used to post quantity traded a few months back and in one instance the TTQ was close to 13000 BNF. He had mentioned that it was multiple trades and not one trade.
Somewhere he said that he uses MIS orders. So maybe he keeps adding to his positions, and needs only 1 MIS order for square off (which he modifies as per his current position).

Also, on Mar 8 he wrote that he put 50 lakhs in his account in May last year and has made 1.7 crore so far. Nothing outlandish about that claim, is there ? Sounds doable :)

lemondew

Looser after 14- 15 years. :) . Link me the tweets who is that.

Is this is a game of loosers. I have read you should have a positive self image but if having a looser image.

A loss shouldnt be big deal for a looser ( having lost most times) and if he thinks its a norm to loose. A loss is different for a winner who isnt used to loosing. He may find it odd or wrong to loose.

When in self doubt. A looser may doubt if his trade would win. A winner would be confident his trade would win. But without putting on a trade one cant win or loose. Putting on too many trades can skew the probability.

As ST mentioned earlier, can't deny him the credit. There will always be doubters asking for full ledger and this and that (we had a guy like that here who claimed to be a loser after 14-15 years in the market). But going by the screenshots, he has tons of profitable days and is impressive.

He is going to post his yearend statement tomorrow, as per his earlier tweets.