General Trading Chat

No, we wont have to pay any tax in this case, since income is below 2.5L
Thanks bro. I believe same as the case instead of STCG if we have F&O gain of 1lk and 50k other income, we dont need to pay any tax as it is below 2.5L. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have one more doubt, this year onwards we have LTCG tax with 1lk LTCG exempted. Suppose if I have other income of 50K and LTCG of 2L then we still dont need to pay any tax since it is below 2.5L .limit. please correct me if I am wrong.

AFAIK
Your assumptions are right in both cases.
A similar discussion was done in TaxGuru program on CNBC, last week

But to be doubly sure
you may post your query in Taxation section.
As I am no tax expert, and only have basic knowledge of taxation, by watching taxation programs and by reading various posts in taxation threads here in TJ

Hi If we have other income of 50K and STCG of 1LK and no other incomes, in this case do we still need to pay STCG tax? or since totalk income including STCG comes around 1.5lk which is below the Nil tax slab, so we dont need to pay any tax?
Can anybody enlighten on this scenario, please? Thanks
Depends on STCG is under which section

111A - 15%
Outside 111A - Added to regular income and taxed according to income slab.

Mostly shares etc will fall under 111A so will be taxed 15%

vikas2131

To reflect global initiatives on product suitability, a framework has been approved. Individual investors may freely take exposure in the market(cash and derivatives) upto a computed exposure based on their disclosed income as per their Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time. For exposure beyond the computed exposure, the intermediary would be required to undertake rigorous due diligence and take appropriate documentation from the investor.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/63516953.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ETTWMKTS&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
.To update and strengthen the existing entry criteria for introduction of stocks into the derivative segment in line with the increase in market capitalization since the last revision of the criteria in 2012. Accordingly, existing criteria like market wide position limit and median quarter-sigma order size shall be revised upward from current level of INR 300 crore and INR 10 lakh respectively to INR 500 crore and INR 25 lakh respectively. An additional criterion, of average daily ‘deliverable’ ..

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/63516953.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ETTWMKTS&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Does this mean the increase of Lot size to match 25 Lakhs