General Trading Chat

But NOW has a built in problem of inactivity
If you are inactive say for 15 min or 30 min (as per adjustment) you have to put your PW again
Very irritating sometimes and very very irritating at some important point.

Dear all,
I have one question. Please answer.
We all know that best BID is the highest one and the best ASK is the lowest one.
Usually best BID is always less than best ASK. and the LTP is in between the 2.
For eg. best BID, LTP, ASK would be 99, 100, 101.

Now until now I had a impression that if I put BUY limit order of say 105, I will still get my order filled at 100, 101, 102 etc. ie I will get lowest price available.
Also if I put in the SELL limit order of say 95. I will still be able to sell my stocks at 100,99 98 etc. ie I will get best available price again.

Now what if at a moment of imbalance best BID is 105 and best ASK is 95!!
Will bidder get his order filled at cheaper price of 95 as someone is Willing to sell that low.
OR will seller get the great price of 105 even though he is willing to sell at 95 only as someone is willing to pay even 105 ?
Hi ,
The order flow is computerized so whosoever order comes to market that will be matched with the opponent party and it all happens in a fraction of a second. You cant even see BID 105 and ASK as 95. Theoretically (behind the scene in that fraction of second) if BID placed order after ASK having 95 then the trade will happen at 95 and viceversa.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
As per TV, BankIndia was supposed to be a shorting candidate today, but it seems to have recovered nicely after a lower opening, and nearly has open=low

View attachment 24459

Any trade ideas there ?
It's risky to short Indian Bank as holding open=low nicely. Find weak stock... Check IDFCBAK looking weak in HTF. Currently just on pivot support wait for a break.

As per TV, BankIndia was supposed to be a shorting candidate today, but it seems to have recovered nicely after a lower opening, and nearly has open=low

View attachment 24459

Any trade ideas there ?
at the moment its not a shorting candidate.Below is one way of seeing it
1522042153742.png

Last edited:
If it gives buy signal then sharp 100 points up and based on the momentum it could be a big day in Banknifty
1522043347330.png

Price progress @ 11.45
1522045041447.png

Last edited: