General Trading Chat

For Ichimoku, 41 would be 2 months trend. Quite a lot, except for a long term investor. Just an opinion.

So, for RSI for intraday, you are assuming (375/timeframe/4). What is that factor of 4 ?
RSI initially would have been based on weekly charts spanning a year, sliced every quarter... so 52/4=13, add 1 for adjustment to more recent closes - thus RSI had a default of 14.
I use this logic for intraday... total periods/4 +1

RSI initially would have been based on weekly charts spanning a year, sliced every quarter... so 52/4=13, add 1 for adjustment to more recent closes - thus RSI had a default of 14.
I use this logic for intraday... total periods/4 +1
That factor of 4, you are slicing intraday also in 4 quarters ?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
sir, when u get time can u elaborate little more pls on" second pivot high be lower than the first pivot high" - usually higher pivots are preferred isn't it?

thanks
When one is trading reversal then first pivot is kind of top, second pivot is a bit lower secondary top.

Vivek

That factor of 4, you are slicing intraday also in 4 quarters ?
RSI was developed in 1970-80 by Welles Wilder. The data that he could have relied upon for backtesting and perfecting his technique would either be EOD or Weekly (This is my guess, if I were to go back in time :) ). The parameter of 14 (default) would closely match a weekly period than EOD.

So, if the indicator was developed with a logic to look back a quarter - I would be also using that for my trading period.

travi

The above post will provide some clues to your question. This correction was anticipated....now we have to see how deep or prolonged this correction could be. I have posted that I have liquidated part of my portfolio, some of it I have bought back, some waiting for the right price...

ST
@Smart_trade sirji are you looking to re-enter ?