General Trading Chat

wabuf

@ ST sir ,

1} If you were to immediately buy a stock/stocks tomorrow ..
what it would be ?

2} and can money be made solely on technical analysis for medium/long term investment ? i am 0 in fundamental analysis ..

plz reply
Thanks

@ ST sir ,

1} If you were to immediately buy a stock/stocks tomorrow ..
what it would be ?

2} and can money be made solely on technical analysis for medium/long term investment ? i am 0 in fundamental analysis ..

plz reply
Thanks
1) I have a list of 8-10 stocks which I keep buying whenever I get an opportunity...for tomorrow stocks in my watch list are Bajaj Finance,Bajaj Finserve,RBL Bank, Yes Bank...I bought Yes bank today as it is at all time high.RBL Bank has appreciated by 80 % in last 1 year.

2) Money can be made solely on technical analysis, absolutely no doubt in that.... but I buy fundamentally good stocks on technical analysis...and for knowing which are good stocks ,fundamental information and figures are useful.RBL Bank I bought only on charts, not on fundamental information.But as in investments, we will hold the stock for few days or few months, it is better that we hold a fundamentally good stock.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
1) I have a list of 8-10 stocks which I keep buying whenever I get an opportunity...for tomorrow stocks in my watch list are Bajaj Finance,Bajaj Finserve,RBL Bank, Yes Bank...I bought Yes bank today as it is at all time high.RBL Bank has appreciated by 80 % in last 1 year.

2) Money can be made solely on technical analysis, absolutely no doubt in that.... but I buy fundamentally good stocks on technical analysis...and for knowing which are good stocks ,fundamental information and figures are useful.RBL Bank I bought only on charts, not on fundamental information.But as in investments, we will hold the stock for few days or few months, it is better that we hold a fundamentally good stock.

Smart_trade
When buying adds for long term for e.g. bajaj finance, what tool do you use to define a buyable dip?

Vivek

When buying adds for long term for e.g. bajaj finance, what tool do you use to define a buyable dip?

Vivek
8-12 % dip in a stock in uptrend ( dip may be due to geo political reasons,some change in Govt policy) I look to buy provided the uptrend is not challenged...so in Bajaj Finance I used to buy below 850-900 ...then that level got raised to below 1000....now it is below or near 1100.....

Same with other stocks like Maruti I am a buyer around 6000.....I used to be a buyer in HDFC bank around 1000, then 1100.... now it has run up more...Yes bank I am buying from below 750....

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
8-12 % dip in a stock in uptrend ( dip may be due to geo political reasons,some change in Govt policy) I look to buy provided the uptrend is not challenged...so in Bajaj Finance I used to buy below 850-900 ...then that level got raised to below 1000....now it is below or near 1100.....

Same with other stocks like Maruti I am a buyer around 6000.....I used to be a buyer in HDFC bank around 1000, then 1100.... now it has run up more...Yes bank I am buying from below 750....

Smart_trade
Sir,
A confusion regarding short term hold in cash segment (day/weeks/months<a year), like swing trading, the profits which are generated, will they attract short term capital gains tax and income tax both or former only?

Vivek

Sir,
A confusion regarding short term hold in cash segment (day/weeks/months<a year), like swing trading, the profits which are generated, will they attract short term capital gains tax and income tax both or former only?

Vivek
Best is to keep long term investment and short term trading sepaarate and declare these separately to Income Tax....

On shares sold below 1 year, we have to pay tax...but there are ways (perfectly legal ways) like tax loss harvesting we did last year in Bajaj Finance and HPCL.......

Short term capital gains tax is a part of Income Tax we pay when we file our returns....there is no dual tax payable.

ST

ST sir what is importance of block deals in scripts...How to read this ...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Block deals happen when two large investor or promoter groups buy/sell shares.To make trading sense from block deals we must understand why these two groups are selling/ buying.If promoters sell their stakes to other investors, it could be because they want to raise money for charity, or they feel that the share is fully priced...so depending on why selling/ buying is done and by whom we have to make trading decisions....many times the real reasons are not known....

Smart_trade

Block deals happen when two large investor or promoter groups buy/sell shares.To make trading sense from block deals we must understand why these two groups are selling/ buying.If promoters sell their stakes to other investors, it could be because they want to raise money for charity, or they feel that the share is fully priced...so depending on why selling/ buying is done and by whom we have to make trading decisions....many times the real reasons are not known....

Smart_trade
Few years back there was a block deal in which a well known Indian promoters of a pharma company sold and a Japanese company bought....though a very sound looking reason was given by both, investors knew that the smart promoters ne Japanese company ke gale me mala pahnai hai...and the share price became half soon after that.The promoters were astute businessmen and knew the forthcoming troubles for the company...

Smart_trade