General Trading Chat

I don't remember... but I am sensing it is increasingly difficult to trade intraday with the old school technical analysis & PA. Maybe there are many traders doing similar things or there are some smart traders who can make money on small swings (that which a small time trader may lose out on costs).

Either ways, we are in a stage where newer trading techniques are evolving!
Banknifty has definitely changed its moves after the weekly options were introduced.

Vipul_84

Sir I am refering your this post

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/49521-thoughts-day-swing-trading.html#post518620

IMHO MTF method is trend following so XRAY's post of last year wont be relevant here as he trades demand & supply concept which is more like picking top & bottom. He himself is by far superior trader and can apply those concepts masterly. I am using MTF for trend following so I need tough months to backtest this concept. 8-10 bad months from last 3-4 years so that I will check on those data points.

For intraday trades Backtest of about 10-12 months is enough in my view.XRay has posted his nifty points made for last one year in this thread.That will give you idea of good and bad months for nifty intra.

I don't remember which concept you are referring to in oscillator thread.Can you give me the link so that I may add some practical hints.

Smart_trade

Sir I am refering your this post

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/49521-thoughts-day-swing-trading.html#post518620

IMHO MTF method is trend following so XRAY's post of last year wont be relevant here as he trades demand & supply concept which is more like picking top & bottom. He himself is by far superior trader and can apply those concepts masterly. I am using MTF for trend following so I need tough months to backtest this concept. 8-10 bad months from last 3-4 years so that I will check on those data points.
Take todays example. MTF gave a buy above 8563 today SL was 8548....test it for last 12 months.

Smart_trade

goldenedge

I don't remember... but I am sensing it is increasingly difficult to trade intraday with the old school technical analysis & PA. Maybe there are many traders doing similar things or there are some smart traders who can make money on small swings (that which a small time trader may lose out on costs).

Either ways, we are in a stage where newer trading techniques are evolving!
Yes. This is exactly why we are in a unique market. Older strategies won't work anymore and the market is getting more and more efficient.

Luckily, the market's giving us an opportunity to try different strategies. Hope everyone makes good use of these.

TradeJoker

Yes. This is exactly why we are in a unique market. Older strategies won't work anymore and the market is getting more and more efficient.

Luckily, the market's giving us an opportunity to try different strategies. Hope everyone makes good use of these.
There is no older strategy or newer strategy, it's our psychology, after losing trades, imo