General Trading Chat

Vipul_84

Smart Trade sir, I am working on one of the concept that you had discussed in your Day/Swing Trade thread. Double time frame analysis. For intraday basis, I want to back test this method. So many months of back-testing is sufficient? Also can you tell me which were the best months & worst months for Nifty traders who trade intraday? I want to check for those months as well? :)

Last edited:
Smart Trade sir, I am working on one of the concept that you had discussed in your oscillator thread. Double time frame analysis. For intraday basis, I want to back test this method. So many months of back-testing is sufficient? Also can you tell me which were the best months & worst months for Nifty traders who trade intraday? I want to check for those months as well? :)
For intraday trades Backtest of about 10-12 months is enough in my view.XRay has posted his nifty points made for last one year in this thread.That will give you idea of good and bad months for nifty intra.

I don't remember which concept you are referring to in oscillator thread.Can you give me the link so that I may add some practical hints.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
For intraday trades Backtest of about 10-12 months is enough in my view.XRay has posted his nifty points made for last one year in this thread.That will give you idea of good and bad months for nifty intra.

I don't remember which concept you are referring to in oscillator thread.Can you give me the link so that I may add some practical hints.

Smart_trade
ST sir, can vwap be used to ascertain strength of counter trend?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Yes ,VWAP and the bands can be used to judge the strength of the counter trend.

ST
Sir, suppose we are trading in equity (not nifty), how should this be used?
A vwap crossing the current market price or some percentage difference or in terms of standard deviations?

Sir, suppose we are trading in equity (not nifty), how should this be used?
A vwap crossing the current market price or some percentage difference or in terms of standard deviations?
Same way as we use in nifty.If the stock is in correction,we see how deep it goes in the correction in terms of VWAP and its std deviation bands.

ST

Smart Trade sir, I am working on one of the concept that you had discussed in your Day/Swing Trade thread. Double time frame analysis. For intraday basis, I want to back test this method. So many months of back-testing is sufficient? Also can you tell me which were the best months & worst months for Nifty traders who trade intraday? I want to check for those months as well? :)
I searched for my multiple timeframe posts and found them in day/swing trade ideas thread.Multiple Timeframe is a concept many traders use in their trading systems.In pivots method we trade minor trends in direction of visual trends,and this is nothing but multiple timeframe trading though we see both trends in a single timeframe...

ST

Last edited:
Currently we are in 8480-8600 range.So one can sell around the top boundary and buy back around the lower boundary ,eventually it will break in either direction but till then play this sideways move.

One can sell straddle to take advantage of sideways move.

ST