General Trading Chat

vijkris

Learner and Follower
kya baat hai, wah wah :lol:

my opinion - aaj modiji ke speech ke karan markets up me hi close hua. atleast some leader is there in india. :clap:

VijKris,

If politicians speeches could move up the market, guess they would never make a low...... And if you think Modi's speech was the reason for the market to move up, would you say Modi not making a speeches is responsible for the market to come down 2,000 points since last 1 year that NDA is in power?

If Pappus fair and lovely speech was on Tuesday, he will definitely claim bcos of his speech sensex 777 point top rally of 7 years :rofl:
Dsm ji, Tradejoker ji,

ur posts is truly logical.

my opinion expressed was not logical and can be considered as "figurative",
just like election promise of 15 lakh in all bank account was figurative.. :rofl:

Following the market where it goes requires extensive experience. It's more psychological - undoing that markets can do anything - not just stopping everytime at support/resistance

But when one gets started in trading - even for mid level traders - you end up burning yourself badly by just following the markets - by not managing the volatility - and then it's the fear in unconsicous mind that starts kicking in these beliefs' - isse upper nahi jaa sakti market - let me buy puts/short sell

Question - How does a swing trader manage gap up/down - let's assume your system gave you strong signal yesterday before EOD - and you went short and today markets gap up 100+ points - all the Money Management would go for toss : 7500 loss on 1.5 to 2L/lot --> 3.5%-4% loss --> How does one tackle those situations - Book loss - respecting the market at open - as one can't assume ki market will respect support/resistence - right
Hi Fundoo

ST has already answered your query. just to add from my observation, as a swing trader, in down trend there would only be gap down's and in uptrend only gap up's as the days passes by. so one need not worry once the trend has kicked in.

post uptrend/downtrend there would be basing hence one should avoid any positions during basing, chances of stop outs are higher. would suggest to avoid swing trading and only day trade during basing (depends on one's psychology), or avoid any positions all together.

Only problem you would face when position has been taken and when market is about to turn, at that point we are not sure whether it will actually turn or not. here demand/supply area comes into picture.

you should go long in demand zone and short in supply zone. hence we know the stop's and that's the best probability trade of low risk and high reward.

here is chart of last month till date nifty future's chart. red lines indicate demand zone as price didn't close below it (2nd time also). So here stop would be below red line and you would like to buy when price is within your demand area giving you a low risk high probability trade. :D

cloudTrader

VijKris,

If politicians speeches could move up the market, guess they would never make a low...... And if you think Modi's speech was the reason for the market to move up, would you say Modi not making a speeches is responsible for the market to come down 2,000 points since last 1 year that NDA is in power?
Even I was wondering why vijkris bro is relying less on Technical Analysis .. :p

XRAY27

This post is for all lovers of political discussion,and non trading related discussion kindly enjoy your space in the thread designated for this called

day-traders-lounge

Hope people don't mind

Last edited: