General Trading Chat

XRAY27

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
Shanghai made a new low today.

Not sure if this indicates or influences our markets in coming days -

nirav_j

Just noticed Bosch as the top gainers in Nifty today . wasn't aware that it was included in Nifty50 ..

Its option chain is terrible, should such stocks even be allowed in the Nifty ?

http://nseindia.com/live_market/dyn...-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17

also, some one sold 2 lots of 21000 @ 600 on 23rd June. Bosch closed at 22,901 ttoday .. ! :eek: Sexytrader, was that you !? :D

Bosch replaced IDFC in June series .. this is worrying, out of all the stocks on NSE they found this stock to be a part of the Index ?!

SwagatN

I think you better to stick with basic VP's initially ....otherwise every where you find VP's :D...its difficult when you trade live...Pratap is very fast in trading ...me still long far away from him :) ..
IMO start with simple .....is best
Yes Vijay Ji, I have understood the basic VPs explained by your morning charts today, and also applied them in today's practice.. This is how I have marked pivots for today's NIFTY movement on 3M chart.. But not sure if the last VPH, VPL are correct or wrong.. Need seniors confirmations..

amitrandive

Just noticed Bosch as the top gainers in Nifty today . wasn't aware that it was included in Nifty50 ..

http://nseindia.com/live_market/dyn...-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17

also, some one sold 2 lots of 21000 @ 600 on 23rd June. Bosch closed at 22,901 ttoday .. ! :eek: Sexytrader, was that you !? :D

Bosch replaced IDFC in June series .. this is worrying, out of all the stocks on NSE they found this stock to be a part of the Index ?!
Yes absolutely right.Has huge spreads and is totally untradeable.
I don't think we can have many investors/traders when the stock is trading at 22k plus for one stock.

Such stocks should not be a part of an active index such as Nifty, it will skew the data of the index.

VJAY

Yes Vijay Ji, I have understood the basic VPs explained by your morning charts today, and also applied them in today's practice.. This is how I have marked pivots for today's NIFTY movement on 3M chart.. But not sure if the last VPH, VPL are correct or wrong.. Need seniors confirmations..

Its upto traders who to use VP's & Forced VP's in trades ....again there is more advanced/forced VP's we can use ...but it all depends of traders and how they use it in sideways type market if we use forced VP's then it will ocures many times whip/unnecessery trades ...its my personal experience ...it may be differ to you and others :)
Okey thats it from my side.....

XRAY27

Yes absolutely right.Has huge spreads and is totally untradeable.
I don't think we can have many investors/traders when the stock is trading at 22k plus for one stock.

Such stocks should not be a part of an active index such as Nifty, it will skew the data of the index.
Eligibility Criteria

Selection of the index set is based on the following criteria:

Liquidity (Impact Cost)

Float-Adjusted Market Capitalization

Float

Domicile

Eligible Securities

Other Variables

Liquidity

For inclusion in the index, the security should have traded at an average impact cost of 0.50 %or less during the last six months, for 90% of the
observations.

Impact cost is the cost of executing a transaction in a security in proportion to its index weight, measured by market capitalization at any point in time. Thisis the percentage mark up suffered while buying/selling the desired quantity of a security compared to its ideal price -- (best buy + best sell)/2.

Float -Adjusted Market Capitalization

Companies eligible for inclusion in the CNX Nifty
must have at least twice the float-adjusted market capitalization of the current smallest index constituent.

Float

Companies eligible for inclusion in the CNX Nifty should have at least 10% of its stock available to investors (float). For this purpose, float is st
ocks which are not held by the promoters and associated entities (where identifiable) of such companies.

Domicile

The company must be domiciled in India and trade on the NSE.

Eligible Securities
All common shares listed on the NSE (which are of equity and not of a fixed income nature) are eligible for inclusion in the CNX Nifty index. Convertible stock, bonds, warrants, rights,and preferred stock that provide a guaranteed fixed return are not eligible.

Other Variables

A company which comes out with an IPO is eligible for inclusion in the index if it fulfills the normal eligibility criteria for the index -- impact cost, float-adjusted market capitalization and float -- for a three-month period instead of a six-month period.

Timing of Changes

The index is reviewed semi-annually, and a four-week notice is given to the market before making any changes to the index constituents

Bosch have all the Criteria

:thumb::thumb:

SwagatN

Its upto traders who to use VP's & Forced VP's in trades ....again there is more advanced/forced VP's we can use ...but it all depends of traders and how they use it in sideways type market if we use forced VP's then it will ocures many times whip/unnecessery trades ...its my personal experience ...it may be differ to you and others :)
Okey thats it from my side.....
Ok, Thank you.. so since there is no series of higher mph-higher mpl, or there is no minor uptrend, that low can not be a visual pivot low, but a forced visula pivot low.. ?? Am I right ?? And so a break of FVPL does not necessarily means a change of trend, price break it through a noise and give us a more clear visual pivot low.. ?