General Elections 2019

What will happen ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Many are yet to understand why BJP is winning big.

They fail to understand that the way this govt. has touched the live of poor people is unprecedented on this scale. Gas Cylinder, Money for building homes & toilets, electricity, mudra yogna, aayushman bharat etc. Number of direct beneficiaries (without middlemen) running into millions have realized that this is first time some one is bringing change in their lives that too in just 5 years period.

The targeted class for 72K had plain simple view that "ye ullu (there is a better word) bana raha hai", and vast majority didn't believe and got irritated on constant hollering of chowkidar chor hai.

Based on this observation and talking to multiple working class people like autowalla's, security guys, housekeeping guys, chaiwalla etc, I was expecting 325 for BJP from the beginning of this poll, looks like falling short of my expectations.

still you got pretty close :up:.
I thought due to SP+BSP in UP , BJP will get not more than 40 seats but it seems while SP votes got transferred to BSP but BSP votes not transferred to SP. As is evident BSP got 10 (from 0) but SP only 5 .
Due to recent 3 states election victory by congress I though un 3 states mein bhi BJP ki seat katengi but BJP made clean sweep there too.

monkeybusiness

still you got pretty close :up:.
I thought due to SP+BSP in UP , BJP will get not more than 40 seats but it seems while SP votes got transferred to BSP but BSP votes not transferred to SP. As is evident BSP got 10 (from 0) but SP only 5 .
Due to recent 3 states election victory by congress I though un 3 states mein bhi BJP ki seat katengi but BJP made clean sweep there too.
Most atrocities committed on bsp vote class were by SP cadre in their reign. So there was trust deficit.
In Rajasthan they had slogan Modi tumse bair nahi, rani teri khair nahi
In MP within one month of change in govt farmers had to buy urea in black market, and Shivraj Chouhan post losing election worked tirelessly.

there is a saying,
duvidha mein dono gaye, maya mili na ram
and one more
dhobi ka ...........
(and people of his state made him like that only)

and now the position of a politician is like this only.
(though there are many many, but he tops the list)
guess who
hint: worked very hard to become pm

TraderRavi

low risk profile
0 in 14 states; 1 seat each in 9: Congress-mukt Bharat

Apart from Kerala, in no state has the Grand Old Party scored in double digits.

There is unlikely to be a Leader of the Opposition in the 17th Lok Sabha too as the Congress has failed to secure the mandatory 55 seats needed to quality for the post.

A party must win a minimum of 10 per cent Lok Sabha seats to qualify as Leader of the Opposition.

In 2014, the Congress had won 44 seats and failed to secure the post.

As per the latest trends, the party is likely to win 52 seats this election.

The Congress drew a blank in as many as 14 states.

In 9 states, it won or is likely to win only one seat.

0 seat in the following states:

Andhra Pradesh

Rajasthan

Gujarat

Haryana

Himachal Pradesh

Jammu and Kashmir

Mizoram

Manipur

Nagaland

Tripura

Uttrakhand

Sikkim

Delhi

Arunachal Pradesh

1 seat in following states:

Bihar

Goa

Jharkhand

Karnataka

Madhya Pradesh

Maharashtra

Meghalaya

Odisha

Uttar Pradesh

2 seats in these states:

West Bengal

Chhattisgarh

3 seats in the following states:

Assam

Telangana

In Kerala, the party won 15 seats.

In Punjab, the Congress won 8 seats.

In Tamil Nadu, it won 7 and was leading in 1.

The party also won 1 seat in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Puducherry, while drawing a blank in other Union Territories.

** Kindly note that the numbers are provisional and will change once counting is complete.

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/0-in-15-states-1-seat-each-in-8-congress-mukt-bharat/20190524.htm

let's wait for the vote percentages.

After the loss in MP, BJP had commented that they had lost the seats, but their vote share was intact, and that will favor them in the general elections. Seems to have come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.