General Elections 2019

What will happen ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

marimuthu13

Everyone predicts a lower majority for BJP. That's easy, but there is TINA factor (There is no alternative) at work here. Even those who don't like Modi, don't see an alternative in Rahul Gandhi, and the other senior politicians are all regional leaders who appear way behind Modi.

I don't think NDA will be far short of its present number of 336, even if BJP has a lower contribution. BJP has cleverly made some very smart regional alliances. Whereas for UPA, all its regional friends want to prove their muscle by doing down the Congress.

So, I think "Make Friends and Win Majority" will work for NDA and Modi will continue. Even if there are demands from the partners for a different PM, voices within BJP will override them.
you are very right, on the opposition factor....no strong alternative to Modi/BJP...

but In NAGPUR decision was already taken to change PM candidate after elections

Last edited:
How about NDA does not win majority but still has enough to form a govt with allies with Modi as PM? This is the most likely scenario, in my view. Meaning NDA ~250-260. There are 2 separate polls around this number prior to Ind-Pak.

Or is that option 1?
This is also the likely possibility in my opinion, only time will tell.

Everyone predicts a lower majority for BJP. That's easy, but there is TINA factor (There is no alternative) at work here. Even those who don't like Modi, don't see an alternative in Rahul Gandhi, and the other senior politicians are all regional leaders who appear way behind Modi.

I don't think NDA will be far short of its present number of 336, even if BJP has a lower contribution. BJP has cleverly made some very smart regional alliances. Whereas for UPA, all its regional friends want to prove their muscle by doing down the Congress.

So, I think "Make Friends and Win Majority" will work for NDA and Modi will continue. Even if there are demands from the partners for a different PM, voices within BJP will override them.
Very good analysis. I agree, even though there's some discontent with Modi-government & some of its decisions, it seems like there's no other PM candidate around.

cinderblock

If the poll does not identify user names, I think some people might want to vote for the third option.

Else there could be a slight skew in the voting pattern

travi

So far 0 votes for option 3 ? :D:D:D

Change Poll deadline to tomorrow midnight :p

Status
Not open for further replies.