General Elections 2019

What will happen ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
The 2019 Indian general election is scheduled to be held in 7 phases from 11 April 2019 to 19 May 2019 to constitute the 17th Lok Sabha. The counting of votes will be conducted on 23 May 2019 and on the same day the results will be declared.

There may be three possible outcomes.

1) NDA wins majority and Namo becomes PM.

2) BJP falls short of majority and makes govt with its allies but some other BJP neta becomes PM as consensus candidate.

3) NDA goes out of power.

cinderblock

How about NDA does not win majority but still has enough to form a govt with allies with Modi as PM? This is the most likely scenario, in my view. Meaning NDA ~250-260. There are 2 separate polls around this number prior to Ind-Pak.

Or is that option 1?

The 2019 Indian general election is scheduled to be held in 7 phases from 11 April 2019 to 19 May 2019 to constitute the 17th Lok Sabha. The counting of votes will be conducted on 23 May 2019 and on the same day the results will be declared.

There may be three possible outcomes.

1) NDA wins majority and Namo becomes PM.

2) BJP falls short of majority and makes govt with its allies but some other BJP neta becomes PM as consensus candidate.

3) NDA goes out of power.
Can we add BJP falls short of majority and Namo becomes PM?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
How about NDA does not win majority but still has enough to form a govt with allies with Modi as PM? This is the most likely scenario, in my view. Meaning NDA ~250-260. There are 2 separate polls around this number prior to Ind-Pak.

Or is that option 1?
yes Modi as PM is option 1

Everyone predicts a lower majority for BJP. That's easy, but there is TINA factor (There is no alternative) at work here. Even those who don't like Modi, don't see an alternative in Rahul Gandhi, and the other senior politicians are all regional leaders who appear way behind Modi.

I don't think NDA will be far short of its present number of 336, even if BJP has a lower contribution. BJP has cleverly made some very smart regional alliances. Whereas for UPA, all its regional friends want to prove their muscle by doing down the Congress.

So, I think "Make Friends and Win Majority" will work for NDA and Modi will continue. Even if there are demands from the partners for a different PM, voices within BJP will override them.

Status
Not open for further replies.