Gann's Charting Methods And Software

Hi CV,

Thank you for the impressive charts with Gann's annotation!! Both charts are really amazing pieces of "Chart Work"!!! It seems a lot of hard work and experience required to draw those lines/angles with precision and most importantly - at critical points/levels!! Would you be kind enough to show us steps to acquire Gann's methodology, ie books or how did you approach it yourself?? I'm sure there must be a right way to learn it, especially with the right guidance from Gann master like you, CV! :)

C

CreditViolet

Hi CV,

Thank you for the impressive charts with Gann's annotation!! Both charts are really amazing pieces of "Chart Work"!!! It seems a lot of hard work and experience required to draw those lines/angles with precision and most importantly - at critical points/levels!! Would you be kind enough to show us steps to acquire Gann's methodology, ie books or how did you approach it yourself?? I'm sure there must be a right way to learn it, especially with the right guidance from Gann master like you, CV! :)
Hi jchshee
Hmm..I hope you were not being sarcastic. There is a lot of it going around these days in the forum. :)

Most of the Gann methodology that I use was learnt from a SnP trader that I befriended at EliteTrader. Unfortunately most of Gann's work is so convoluted that there is no single source where you can go to master it. His old books esp. How to make profit in commodities and to some degree Mclaren's Gann Made Easy books are worth a read. Its just a matter of screen time and lots of it before you get to see how it really works. If you dont already have a methodology to trade I would suggest against getting into Gann.There are simpler and much easier way to make money.

Regards
CV
:eek:

Hi CV,

Sorry for coming across as being sarcastic, I don't mean it. It's a great pleasure to be able to discuss Gann's methodology with someone as experience as you CV!! Actually, I was dishearted by the numerous people who pose as Gann's experts who don't trade. As we all know, trading and theory are two different issues, especially when $$$ is on the line!! :D

I am sure other fellow traders on this site are very happy to have you providing us with some guiding light in our quest to learn more about Gann. Tq very much for the lead on reading material, I will try to search for them and study them. Tq CV, hope you will continue to teach us whenever you have the time to drop by this thread!! Cheers!! ;)

C

CreditViolet

Hi CV,

Sorry for coming across as being sarcastic, I don't mean it. It's a great pleasure to be able to discuss Gann's methodology with someone as experience as you CV!! Actually, I was dishearted by the numerous people who pose as Gann's experts who don't trade. As we all know, trading and theory are two different issues, especially when $$$ is on the line!! :D

I am sure other fellow traders on this site are very happy to have you providing us with some guiding light in our quest to learn more about Gann. Tq very much for the lead on reading material, I will try to search for them and study them. Tq CV, hope you will continue to teach us whenever you have the time to drop by this thread!! Cheers!! ;)
hi jchshee

Thanks for your comments.Would be very happy to post more charts.

Rgds
CV
:eek:

jatayoo

Hi CV,

-------------------
hi
i am back after two weeks.it is encouraging to see that their is some interest on Gann's theory of price movement and price projection.
.....THIS is perhaps the best board to discuss the stocks and capital markets as it has the most talented human resources who are contributing on the board.
Gann is not very difficult to understand. The problem is the dearth of resources. for medium term and long term i cannot find a better system.

....... NOW we have to do something to get the resources on the board first.I'll think of something soon.