Gann strategy...

mastermind007

Hiiii all...

Hope dat every 1 knows about this strategy.......I am using this strategy from last 1 month....my success ratio is around 80%......but I am not sure wheather it should continue or not.....If ny 1 using this strategy then plz share....

also share ny other intraday strategy
If your own success ratio is 80%, what is your reason for doubting?. Gann (modified) is one of the strategy I have used and as someone already said here, this strategy does work well on trending markets. It does get fooled by bullish or bearish traps and I am attempting to create filters to avoid as many traps as is possible.

DSM

My friend, all strategies work well in a trending market!

Good luck

. Gann (modified) is one of the strategy I have used and as someone already said here, this strategy does work well on trending markets. It does get fooled by bullish or bearish traps and I am attempting to create filters to avoid as many traps as is possible.

kaydee,
wht error ur getting? post screenshot..
Sorry, I do not remember, the error, as it was long time back.
But I think, I was not able to make out the steps to create chart.

Can you please let me know the steps to create chart after data upload.
OR
Any link to a tutorial etc.

Thanks

Hi
I am using Gann Square of 9.
But not on regular basis.
It gives good results in a trending market.
It works more or less like support and resistance points.

I use to take ATP @ 9.20 AM as pivot and calculate values for intraday.
Has someone tried Gann Square today.
It clearly gave 2 BUY and 2 SELL targets.

And if someone has tried it with some intelligence, it would have given more than above mentioned targets (as market moved in a sine wave formation today, giving multiple targets).

Hey everyone, thanks kaydee for referring me to this thread.

So, yeah, i have been trying out gann strategy for a few weeks now, mainly on nifty and sbi futures... it seems to work out well for me upto now...

Yes it works best in trending market, but you can always make small profits in range bound markets too, normall the suggested tg1 is 15-20 points, which is easily met, so i always close my first lot and tg1, and use trailing S/L for the second one.

I still and on developing stage for which value to use for gann after closing the 1st trade, also confused what to do when both side s/l is hit(which is not often).

Hope we could discuss it in this thread and make the strategy more efficient with everyones help.

Thanks, cheers.

Manmeet:thumb:

So today was not very good day for gann, hit stops on both sides.. However, it hit tg1 on 1 side... so total loss for today was around 28pts.... has anyone worked on it today?

So today was not very good day for gann, hit stops on both sides.. However, it hit tg1 on 1 side... so total loss for today was around 28pts.... has anyone worked on it today?
I didnt enter in the sell side.
But you should have met two targets on up side.
Just do not depend totally on Gann Square, take its help and use your own wisdom.

Hi
I am using Gann Square of 9.
But not on regular basis.
It gives good results in a trending market.
It works more or less like support and resistance points.

I use to take ATP @ 9.20 AM as pivot and calculate values for intraday.
You can use OPEN or previous days CLOSE to calculate Gann levels.
Gann levels do not change much during a trading day.
What changes is Buy or Sell Trigger levels depending upon VWAP or Last.

Use the Gann AFL for Gann Levels

Attachments