Gail

It works on the basic principle of trend analysis. As long as the security forms higher tops and higher bottoms we are in an uptrend. The moment the security closes below is previous higher bottom a downrend begins. (as can bee seen from the attached chart).

Trends in securities (stocks & indices) tend to go higher, or lower, than most investors expect. So correctly identifying and trading a trend can be very profitable.

A

amarnath

Hi all,

It is not any complex trading system that need 700 lines of codes to program with ( programmers skill ??? ) it is simple paint bar study or a single fast MA brk out as paint bar study can do such job simply .

And newbies pls dont get into preception that complex system or a Ph.d in maths / economics do better trading that your trained dogs can do . GLGT

amarnath said:
Hi all,

It is not any complex trading system that need 700 lines of codes to program with ( programmers skill ??? ) it is simple paint bar study or a single fast MA brk out as paint bar study can do such job simply .

And newbies pls dont get into preception that complex system or a Ph.d in maths / economics do better trading that your trained dogs can do . GLGT
Amarnath,
If you look at the chart closely you will notice that this is not a simple moving average trading system. Also I have designed this system as a DLL module.

The paint bar study in metastock (or any other TA program) is mainly for display. With the paint bar study you cannot design a trading system.

A

amarnath

TradingSystems said:
Amarnath,
If you look at the chart closely you will notice that this is not a simple moving average trading system. Also I have designed this system as a DLL module.

The paint bar study in metastock (or any other TA program) is mainly for display. With the paint bar study you cannot design a trading system.

i never said it is MACO system but the system refered by you in chart can be duplicated with MA filter brk out or similar logic i mean . And i agree a paint bar study is not a trading system and only difference is that a paint bar study change color based on codes behind it were as a trading system can do signal as Buy / sell arrows or as some sort of sound alerts etc to show signal and as of i know no Indian based broker offers any API of their trading platform to completly automate /integrate any sort of auto trading systems orders directly without human intervention . Unless i know exact logic behind your system i dont want to comment on it or if possible can u do post some back test results ( atleast 2 yrs sample history with tick based back test not stimulated backtest )of system atleast and time frame it show best performance :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TRENDZSTOCK Derivatives 1
K AmiBroker 21
D Futures 4
B Investors Grievances 0
N Equities 2