TracerBullet

That is a outright lie which they portray to public...

Yes its their server purchase or acquisition, but neither do they develop, nor do they maintain... for each stuff (be it OMS, Chart, back-office, etc..) they have different vendors who function as a partner to Z...

BTW Z is the most disorganized broker on face of Earth... Have closely observed them for good some time! Unnecessarily innumerous times their faulty setups have royally screwed retailers, that too, year after year... The real problem is that, retailers do not research much and are mostly blinded by instant gratification to just abide by hearsay....

It is still not clear whether their server down issues are deliberate (for any implied gain) or accident... It has been happening ever since and same BS around volatile days... It is even dangerous & criminal if their self owned everything causes issues for years at a stretch. If those are their stuffs, for once have they taken responsibility of their own shit? Never!

You raise complain, NSE will blame you with their pet statement, "tech shit can happen anytime", nevertheless, Z is their goldilock.... You go to SEBI, they will say exchange has already provided resolution... Not a soul will dive deep...

@#@% future ready, my foot! That's their narrative to lure only...

Since this thread is about a different broker, if you want, we can continue the discussion in appropriate thread...
You seem to have made up your mind, so no point arguing. The way i see it, they keep innovating and are miles ahead of competition overall. They are very accessible in qna with even ceo being very active. They also seem to be active in trying to developing solve trader issues ( option slippage issue for ex and early turnaround in settlement).

Twitter hearsay aside, i am trading with them everyday and have taken hundreds of trades with 0 issues. I too had a negative perception of them a year ago based on experience many years ago ( Nest days..) but good feedback from a tj member and others made me thankfully try them again. Future who knows and no one is error proof but today i am satisfied with Z (and looking for a Z2 for trading intraday equity with api ) ..

VJAY

hahah, quite funny.
https://zerodha.tech/blog/being-future-ready-with-common-sense/
See point 11.

They are decent.
Now also providing free api + data. python client is good ( atleast for v1). In comparison, for ex, 5Paisa has horrific api and even rms is buggy.

Issues that i faced
1) Settlement delay - money in bank by 1200-1400. With Z i get it ( so far ) before 8 am. So plenty of time. Dont know if there is any broker that does this. Big issue for intraday traders.
2) Stability. They are fine most of the times, but still have had 3-4 problems in last year. Also more likely to get temporary error from api. Z in comparison has worked smoothly for me, but this could also have some luck to it.
3) Square off time. I prefer 5mins extra given by Z, but i guess most follow 1515 and this may not be an issue for many.
4) This depends on you, but i rather not keep too much money with smaller brokers. Z is much more profitable so lower risk.

For me, i am struggling to get another large broker that can work as well as Z for my use case. Really would like one to reduce outage risk. But so far angel/upstox dont seem to be ready yet based on other people's views. upstox does not even provide api. Had tried 5p - complete waste of time.
Thanks TB for detailed reply....

What a joke... Lol... ha ha ha :D
Forget about what has been happening with Z for last 7 years, last time I checked Twitter, it was down on last monday 04-Oct-21. Enjoy!

Z strategically has placed all articles online to lure newbies - saare bhamre ek saath chipak jate hain!
Z has nothing of its own, everything is outsourced and further outsourced with them....

Beware of what you say (other newbies might follow and fall for their trap).... In reality, those two rascal honcho brothers does not deserve an iota of any retail trust...
One difference you'll notice with them is Z shows the original price when you traded, instead of MTM. MTM shows P/L based on yesterday's closing price right? Not helpful. But in Z you can immediately see whether you're in profit or not.

McNish

Hello. Couple things.

1. can we have rrg in fyers?
2. can u have a saperate symbol for Continuous current month contract, like in TV.

:)

McNish

is this thread dormant?:rolleyes:

i created a ver2 api app from the app dashboard for connecting Fyers as the broker for Gocharting, but the status is showing inactive for the past couple of days. i also contacted support for the same on monday and the lady said she will arrange a call back from the tech team which deals in these matters, yet today on Wednesday, am still waiting for the call.

Again want to ask the same, is RRG tool in the pipeline?

Last edited:

McNish

re-contacting the fyers support resolved the api issue. they gave a call back immediately when re-contacted.

repeating my 2 queries.
1. can we have "Relative Rotational Graph (RRG)" tool in Fyers?
2. can u have a separate symbol for Continuous current month contract, like in TV?