Mukr

When its in top of your list you should have gone with opening account. people have multiple accounts not a big deal anyways.everyone work from home could be resulted in unnecessary delays and hope you sorted it out

I've also seen it and i posted it here.

So until it is fixed, what i do is save a copy of the layout i want. Everyday i need to make a fresh copy and use that one as the last one that closes gets over-written. ( copies may pile-up and u can clean up eod or on weekends etc )
I know its inconvenient but creating a copy and loading that one wont take so long. ( a few secs ) but that's the easiest workaround i got.
Otherwise, there isn't really a web platform that can beat this one :)
One thing what i have noticed is the settings saved in desktop browser is opening correctly in the new mobile app.

vicky_ag

Here's my experience in trading as a complete newbie on Fyers:

1. Adding money via UPI from ICICI somehow doesn't work. Tried couple of times but it failed. I don't know if the issue is ICICI UPI or Fyers payment gateway. I'll have to test this more to see where the issue lies exactly. Finally paid 10+GST to get money into the account.

2. Option contract names are weird. Weeklies are named with YYMDD. And monthly contracts are YYMM. This is confusing. Especially the weeklies, it should be YYMMDD ie. it shouldn't be 20903 rather 200903 to make sense. Please change that. And ideally monthlies should also follow YYMMDD to ensure consistency.

3. Margin are on the higher side. About 5-10% more than what most option tools say (opstra and sensibull). Even the website margin calculator shows less amount that blocked (this is expected because calculators rely on last days close).

4. The default mode on Fyers chart is 1 min. So whenever I open the page it shows 1 min chart. I trade 1 hr so I still need to figure out how to set 1 hr as default so that I don't have to change it every time I login.

5. One thing I liked is the buy-sell widget on the chart. It helps to see the spreads and actual trade price, instead of LTP which often gives false impression, especially if someone is day trading. LTP can often be very wide if the price is moving too fast.

6. One weird thing I found on web app was that even when I squared some positions, the P&L window did not change. When I refreshed the web page it showed my trades all over again - Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Sell, Sell. It got me worried if refreshing has caused the trades to execute all over again. It hasn't. It was simply a replay of the trades. But I hope this behavior is changed in the future or an option to turn off the replay.

7. Now the main thing - The reason I wanted a second account apart from Zerodha. Fyers works fine. The main concern is the higher margin. I hope that is resolved sooner so that I can trade more on the platform.

And Fyers Team, please update the app. I still see wrong password rules in the mobile app.

I've also seen it and i posted it here.

So until it is fixed, what i do is save a copy of the layout i want. Everyday i need to make a fresh copy and use that one as the last one that closes gets over-written. ( copies may pile-up and u can clean up eod or on weekends etc )
I know its inconvenient but creating a copy and loading that one wont take so long. ( a few secs ) but that's the easiest workaround i got.
Otherwise, there isn't really a web platform that can beat this one :)
The white theme is very taxing on the eyes and if we were to switch to dark theme, it's hard to see the wicks on the dark theme.
True, until @FYERS_Team fixes the issue, we will have to do what you have suggested :) . Thanks for the workaround.

Ok,..

Here is experience with Fyers So far ,..

I request a Demo , so that I can test it over my ISP. I have been asked to share contact details in PM, which I did and got a swift reply from @Tejas Khoday .

Very next day I receive an email from fyers support , to be precise mr Suresh.. He sent me a demo ID Pass which never worked though. He then promised to send me an active demo login ASAP. I spoke with him yesterday over the phone. He was supposed to send me details via email by today morning , which never happened though.

So, The story so far,.. I was just wondering if I should opt Fyers and encourage a new brokerage house ( I do already hold an account with Zerodha since its inception ). I wanted another account for trading, and Fyers was on the top list. But unfortunately, as of now, I found out they r not interested in either new clients or may be old ones too. I'm not sure. There may be some good people, but few good men wont make a good brokerage firm. They need a good team with professionalism which FYERS definitely lacks...

Anyways , Now I have to go for Upstox or Zerodha (or any other friends over here can recommend ).

Thanks again Fyers for this wonderful experience.

Regards
Ok,.. So here it goes again,..!!

After posting complaint here. I received a call back from Mr Suresh himself again and he cleared the queries regarding testing a demo account. This time it was prompt and swift too. When we spoke earlier he offered his actual account for testing but I could only test it after hours (that part i forgot to mention on the first post), which i denied to be honest as I dont want to peek into somebody's actual trading account and didnt want to messup with it.

Yesterday evening he sent me a working Demo ID , which lasts for 24 hrs. I tested it on my office ISP, where web version worked pretty fine, but the desktop version requires to have an open port 8080 so again I couldnt connect to it.

More or less, I would Thank FYERS for taking care of my queries. I might open a new account with you guys as I feel satisfied with their service for now. I wish to get same prompt replies whenever needed.

I want to know what is the minimum brokerage ? Like 20 per trade is ok, but what if I trade into cash market with very small qty? what r the alternatives ?

Is auto square off at 3:15 free or i need to pay any extra charges for it ?

Thanks and I will post if more queries there...

Regards,..

vicky_ag

point no -4 open 1hr chart and save here . after this whenever you login it will open hourly chart by default
View attachment 43876
This works. Thank you.

Edit: Never mind. The UPI problem has been solved. Somehow ICICI UPI wasn't working. Tried Google pay and it works. Though the payment is kinda slow. Takes 20-30 seconds from Google Pay confirmation to Atom confirmation on Fyers.

Last edited:

vicky_ag

And here as I was thinking everything was working fine, I hit a big roadblock. The platform's span margin isn't robust at all.
I had 19k in my account:
and tried selling a 22700/22800 credit spread on BN. The margin calculator says I need 13646 margin:
Opstra says 13.3k:

I expected the margin to be on the higher side. Maybe 14k-14.5k ish. But what happened left me questioning the whole platform.

22800 buy went fine. I bought 1 lot (25) at 95.9. So left with 16559 in my account.
But 22700 sell was rejected with with a generic message:

When I retried on mobile I was told that I needed 7006.3 when I had more than double that amount left:

I didn't want a naked 22800 CE because that is just losing proposition. I actually lost 250 + brokerage by the time I figured this out.

I have requested to withdraw 50k back to my account. and not going to use the platform going forward.

And for anyone who wants to trade spreads or butterfly options on Fyers. Beware! The platform isn't robust enough to calculate margin on the fly. From what I understood from support it will take at least a day to adjust the margins.

It is only good enough for trading naked options.

Edit: I know some people feel that I am unfairly targeting Fyers for this. And compare it with Zerodha. But just to give a fair idea. I just now executed the same trade on Zerodha:
My margin requirement pre-trade:
https://imgur.com/nlD2uQg
Trade (5x of what I tried on Fyers)
https://imgur.com/1prrIcp
Post trade margin:
https://imgur.com/MvytHm6

That is 12818 margin per lot.

Last edited:
And here as I was thinking everything was working fine, I hit a big roadblock. The platform's span margin isn't robust at all.
I had 19k in my account:
and tried selling a 22700/22800 credit spread on BN. The margin calculator says I need 13646 margin:
Opstra says 13.3k:

I expected the margin to be on the higher side. Maybe 14k-14.5k ish. But what happened left me questioning the whole platform.

22800 buy went fine. I bought 1 lot (25) at 95.9. So left with 16559 in my account.
But 22700 sell was rejected with with a generic message:

When I retried on mobile I was told that I needed 7006.3 when I had more than double that amount left:

I didn't want a naked 22800 CE because that is just losing proposition. I actually lost 1k by the time I figured this out.

I have requested to withdraw 50k back to my account. and not going to use the platform going forward.

And for anyone who wants to trade spreads or butterfly options on Fyers. Beware! The platform isn't robust enough to calculate margin on the fly. From what I understood from support it will take at least a day to adjust the margins.

It is only good enough for trading naked options.
hello @vicky_ag , you can now copy paste the images directly in the reply box without uploading on imgur