Hi @RishiKumar, I hope you're doing well & thanks for choosing us. Although we provide higher leverage than many peers, we are known for our prudent risk management practices. There are some option sellers who move from broker to broker purely to sell options on expiry day with HUGE leverage to eat whatever time premium is left in option prices. Usually, they come in significant capital and concentrate their positions in very few symbols. This exposes the brokerage to a black swan event because the brokers' capital is at risk too as they're the ones that enable the leverage over and above exchanged prescribed SPAN. You will be surprised how many big traders got wiped out because of this type of trading. CO/BO are highly leveraged and thus, we avoided giving this to option sellers as they were being heavily used on Thursdays. I hope this is not a deal-breaker for you.

Last year, IL&FS Clearing arm got shut down because of one of their broker, Allied Financial helped a large client to short-sell index options (Or some leveraged Options Sell Trade) to the tune of 350-400+ Crores with extra leverage from ILFS to pocket the options premium. They thought it would be profitable and what happened was that at the expiry, the market went in the opposite direction is what I'm told. The client could not make good the margin calls which started a downward spiral of events. IL&FS (At the time, it was the largest Clearing Member) shut down because of this mishap as they could not pay up the margin to the exchange and due to this all the brokers that were clearing through IL&FS got locked out of the exchange until they changed their Clearing Member, Allied Financial had to shut down, and everyone got involved in legal battles between the exchange, clearing member & the client who apparently did not allow the pledged securities to be liquidated for margin payments as he claimed the broker had forged his signatures and pledged his holdings without his knowledge or involvement. It's very complicated as everyone has locked horns with each other including the Economic Offences Wing (EOW), SEBI, Exchange, Clearing Member, ILFS and the concerned parties, etc!

All this happened because of overleveraging. I know this is not relevant but I thought I'd let you know why we are careful with our risk management. It's always better to be safe than sorry. This is my opinion and general principle in life that has translated into our business policies at FYERS.

Disclaimer: What I have said in my message is hearsay, news articles, Court Orders, etc. I encourage readers to do their own research and come to their own conclusions. What's true and what's not is speculation until proven in the court of law.

I hope this helps.
@Tejas, thanks for explaining in detail on the reason for blocking BO for options. Just want to inform the other side of the coin that traders like me faces without BO. I am a part time trader and With BO, I can place an order and do other jobs as I can be sure that position will get closed by either SL or via target.I will usually visit again once at 3 pm just to check it. that's all. Whereas placing an order under MIS, need to place stop loss and target orders separately and to be monitored for execution so that other one can be cancelled which is very tedious. How much Leverage to be given is a brokers right as per the expected risk calculations. But removing an order type completely rather than reducing leverage is not user friendly. I had a great experience with FYERS so far and didn't even faced a single problem worth mentioning. But this unavailability of bracket order for options creates a tough time and sad to say that I had to look for alternate options even though I dont want to . Hope FYERS reintroduces the same ASAP. And by the way , I am realising now after some search that FYERS has set the bar very high and so finding a similar broker for a backup is also getting very difficult :cool::cool::cool: .

kaly422000

have to add fyers demat but due to lockdown can not send documents. i have only trading account with 3rd party demat linked. one issue i saw ,can not find withdraw option in backoffice . if it is explained where to find it

kaly422000

though dont have mobile no linked with aadhar ,any option to add demat account through online with attaching bank details , signature etc as qurior not working due to lockdown

Hi @RishiKumar, I hope you're doing well & thanks for choosing us. Although we provide higher leverage than many peers, we are known for our prudent risk management practices. There are some option sellers who move from broker to broker purely to sell options on expiry day with HUGE leverage to eat whatever time premium is left in option prices. Usually, they come in significant capital and concentrate their positions in very few symbols. This exposes the brokerage to a black swan event because the brokers' capital is at risk too as they're the ones that enable the leverage over and above exchanged prescribed SPAN. You will be surprised how many big traders got wiped out because of this type of trading. CO/BO are highly leveraged and thus, we avoided giving this to option sellers as they were being heavily used on Thursdays. I hope this is not a deal-breaker for you.

Last year, IL&FS Clearing arm got shut down because of one of their broker, Allied Financial helped a large client to short-sell index options (Or some leveraged Options Sell Trade) to the tune of 350-400+ Crores with extra leverage from ILFS to pocket the options premium. They thought it would be profitable and what happened was that at the expiry, the market went in the opposite direction is what I'm told. The client could not make good the margin calls which started a downward spiral of events. IL&FS (At the time, it was the largest Clearing Member) shut down because of this mishap as they could not pay up the margin to the exchange and due to this all the brokers that were clearing through IL&FS got locked out of the exchange until they changed their Clearing Member, Allied Financial had to shut down, and everyone got involved in legal battles between the exchange, clearing member & the client who apparently did not allow the pledged securities to be liquidated for margin payments as he claimed the broker had forged his signatures and pledged his holdings without his knowledge or involvement. It's very complicated as everyone has locked horns with each other including the Economic Offences Wing (EOW), SEBI, Exchange, Clearing Member, ILFS and the concerned parties, etc!

All this happened because of overleveraging. I know this is not relevant but I thought I'd let you know why we are careful with our risk management. It's always better to be safe than sorry. This is my opinion and general principle in life that has translated into our business policies at FYERS.

Disclaimer: What I have said in my message is hearsay, news articles, Court Orders, etc. I encourage readers to do their own research and come to their own conclusions. What's true and what's not is speculation until proven in the court of law.

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the prompt reply

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Payout Request made on Thursday ... not paid yesterday .. and Today also not paid till this time ...

When will you pay?
@sach007, I really wonder why you get so paranoid, sir. Yesterday was a bank holiday on account of Good Friday. Today is also a bank holiday (Second Saturday). Hence, payouts requested on Thursday will be received in your bank accounts on Monday. You can always raise a support ticket and get in touch with our support team to get clarification.

Tc!

@sach007, I really wonder why you get so paranoid, sir. Yesterday was a bank holiday on account of Good Friday. Today is also a bank holiday (Second Saturday). Hence, payouts requested on Thursday will be received in your bank accounts on Monday. You can always raise a support ticket and get in touch with our support team to get clarification.

Tc!
Oh.. at least in UP, they cancelled all the bank holidays, including second Saturday.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Believe it or not, 15% of FYERS clients that took the FYERS 30 Day Challenge were profitable in March!! What a mind-boggling result when all hell broke loose upon the outbreak of COVID-19.

Hats Off!