Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
This is interesting. As for my understanding, it is not even possible to open account with any broker, at least in India, without singning POA. It basically gives the authority to the broker to "Do As They Wish" with the clients account. But here, i see a different meaning. Maybe i am not well informed.

So you Sir are saying that POA is basically for easy of "Delivery Trades", which with POA, circumvents the need to sing a physical DIS and is alternated with an "Electronic DIS"? Pardon my lack on knowledge in this regard and clarify the same.

Nice to see that you are still quite active on the forum and interacting with the members here, either yet your clients, active or otherwise.
Regards,
Yes, that's right. Actually, there are other possibilities but currently, E-DIS is the way to go.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Yes, investor has to log in with his log in ID and password in Speed e platform of NSDL and then give the Delivery Instruction Slip ( DIS) on line.You can also schedule the delivery in a particular settlement number and on a particular day. You can monitor the progress of delivery instructions given by you .Transfer can be done only with predefined and registered broker demat accounts.

It is like Internet Funds Transfer which is done by the investor by his log in ID,password and OTP ( I do not know if NSDL has OTP feature for additional safety. )

Smart_trade
Although, they have created a way to do it, it is not feasible as a brokerage to redirect clients to NSDL website. People want things to be done in the most simplistic way possible. Adding layers to the process makes it cumbersome for everybody.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Which desktop online trading platform is the best?
We only offer FYERS One but the majority of our clients use the web as it is easier to log in and trade. It saves time! The ones who use desktop platforms are the ones who are used to it for a few years at least. New users prefer web experience.

Although, they have created a way to do it, it is not feasible as a brokerage to redirect clients to NSDL website. People want things to be done in the most simplistic way possible. Adding layers to the process makes it cumbersome for everybody.
It will be a bit cumbersome for brokers but for investors it is 100 % safe as the broker or his staff cannot move a single share anywhere without the investor punching the instuction. For investors it is a 2 min job which can be done on internet. For brokers also there must be software to recognise deliveries having come from clients account numbers. It gives lots of comfort to the investor that no one by mistake also can touch shares in his demat accounts.

There is a possibility of investors fergetting to punch instructions in which case the shares are auctioned...so little additional work for the broker.The broker also loses the early pay in margin release advantage when he transfers shares on same day in early pay-in by POA.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Hi fyers team i want to know about Reverse and Flatten button on DOM.. there is very less and limited information about these features of fyers..
About reverse button does it work for cover/bracket orders ?? if yes then does it take same stoploss/target absolute value ?
example : i buy Banknifty futures at 32200 using cover order with stoploss 32150.. now when banknifty fut goes 32400 and i use reverse feature then i suppose my position will get close, profit booked and new banknifty fut sell order will get executed at 32400 with stoploss 32450.. Am i Right ?? Please someone tell me..
And in caseof bracket order how does reverse button works ?? does it takes SL/target automatically ?

Also what is flatten button ?? how is it different from close/exit position ?
There is no video or any example about these features on internet..

Attachments

Mukr

Hi fyers team i want to know about Reverse and Flatten button on DOM.. there is very less and limited information about these features of fyers..
About reverse button does it work for cover/bracket orders ?? if yes then does it take same stoploss/target absolute value ?
example : i buy Banknifty futures at 32200 using cover order with stoploss 32150.. now when banknifty fut goes 32400 and i use reverse feature then i suppose my position will get close, profit booked and new banknifty fut sell order will get executed at 32400 with stoploss 32450.. Am i Right ?? Please someone tell me..
And in caseof bracket order how does reverse button works ?? does it takes SL/target automatically ?

6.jpg

Hi @Tejas Khoday,

I was looking to open an account with Fyers today but there were few questions that were left unanswered by your support team, so I thought I will post them here to get quick answers.

1. Whats your margin policy for options selling on the last 2 days of monthly expiry and on the day of expiry?
2. Do you have any plans to change the margins in near future (how frequent)?
3. Do you allow 'trading' only account opening?

I trade with significant amounts and its difficult to switch brokers due to margin changes. Hence, I would like some genuine answers to the above questions.

Regards,

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS

Hi @rakesh8192 ,

1. I have written a blog post about this. You can read more here - Price Ladder Trading. You can also watch this video.

2. The reverse & Flatten button works for intraday and Margin orders but not for conditional orders such as CO/BO on the Price Ladder (DOM).