Oh Tejas,

U just ran a bulldozer on my plans to get an account with Fyers, I was attracted to it as u provide free apis for both trading and charting. I even spoke with one developer to integrate Fyers apis into his analytical platform which can allow Semi or full algo trading via it (ArthaChitra).

But now as u said its not free for everyone, makes me sad. It will hurt small traders like us who just takes very few trades in a day. I dont encourage fully automation unless one knows how it can hurt u, but i really love to use ATM strategies and chart trading via Arthachitra.

I will postpone to open account till i get it for free :)

Regards and best wishes...
Hey @trade4learn,

We are offering our API for free!!! With proper due diligence, we are offering API to the requested users and it is free for all such approved users. We are looking forward to see you onboard.

Thanks!

Hey @trade4learn,

We are offering our API for free!!! With proper due diligence, we are offering API to the requested users and it is free for all such approved users. We are looking forward to see you onboard.

Thanks!
Hi Team Fyers ,..

I like one thing about ur firm is ur presence here in the forum and that too active one. U r willing to take the brick on ur head if required. :) so kudos for that.

Next, I'm sure there must be some criteria to qualify for free APIs. I would like to know about that. Like minimum funds requirement, or minimum brokerage commitment etc etc ...

Opening an API will surely give boost to ur business as more and more platforms will be attracted towards u, developers too...

So meanwhile I talk with Joy for integration I think i should know all ins and outs before starting with a new broker. So far i m not THAT satisfied with discounted brokers. I do still hold an account with a full broker.

I would like to know about account opening charges , Demat acc charges and brokerage charges. I visited ur site , but still like to confirm here :)

Regards,..

Hi Team Fyers ,..

So meanwhile I talk with Joy for integration I think i should know all ins and outs before starting with a new broker. So far i m not THAT satisfied with discounted brokers. I do still hold an account with a full broker.

Regards,..
By Full Broker do you mean something like Karvy Stock Broking ;)

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Dear Tejas,
Please explain about your API in one post for newbies who want to learn automate their method.Though am not your client if I can make my method automate what are the things I need to do?Please explain in steps which will help for every one who new to these API things :)
Thanks
Hi @VJAY, I will write a post about this soon. However, we want to make API available for those who already know what it is and how they can use it to enhance their trading or to perhaps build a platform/business around it.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Oh Tejas,

U just ran a bulldozer on my plans to get an account with Fyers, I was attracted to it as u provide free apis for both trading and charting. I even spoke with one developer to integrate Fyers apis into his analytical platform which can allow Semi or full algo trading via it (ArthaChitra).

But now as u said its not free for everyone, makes me sad. It will hurt small traders like us who just takes very few trades in a day. I dont encourage fully automation unless one knows how it can hurt u, but i really love to use ATM strategies and chart trading via Arthachitra.

I will postpone to open account till i get it for free :)

Regards and best wishes...
You're mistaken. It is free.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi Team Fyers ,..

I like one thing about ur firm is ur presence here in the forum and that too active one. U r willing to take the brick on ur head if required. :) so kudos for that.

Next, I'm sure there must be some criteria to qualify for free APIs. I would like to know about that. Like minimum funds requirement, or minimum brokerage commitment etc etc ...

Opening an API will surely give boost to ur business as more and more platforms will be attracted towards u, developers too...

I would like to know about account opening charges , Demat acc charges and brokerage charges. I visited ur site , but still like to confirm here :)

Regards,..
Hi @trade4learn,

We're happy to be here and address all your concerns and requirements. With regards to the APIs:
  1. The main criteria are that it should be used actively and it should be used to trade or to enable trading on a platform. No minimum account balance or brokerage commitment required. I hope this seals it. The idea was to remove entry barriers to our clients.

2. We hope it does. Let's see how it goes! Ultimately, it depends on the platforms and whether they can help increase the market participants. We'll see about that but we are certainly positive about the possibility. We don't have any revenue targets as such so we are just going with the flow.

3. I just want to let you know that in terms of compliance, there is no difference between a discount broker and a full-service broker. The exchanges & regulators demand that every broker must comply with their guidelines without any distinction. The pricing is purely a business call that the broker is free to take without any subsidies or partiality from the system. Having said that, in the last few years we have seen multiple defaults and frauds from traditional brokers and not discount brokers. You know why? Because discount brokers are more upfront about their policies and procedures and they are more visible online and thus more aware of the consequences if they do anything illegal. I don't buy that full-service brokers offer anything more than a discount broker. In fact, those lines have blurred a long time ago IMO.

4. We don't levy any fees for account opening or AMC. For more details, read this post. To learn more about our pricing, click here. For any additional information, you can visit our Support Portal.

superman

Hi @trade4learn,

We're happy to be here and address all your concerns and requirements. With regards to the APIs:
  1. The main criteria are that it should be used actively and it should be used to trade or to enable trading on a platform. No minimum account balance or brokerage commitment required. I hope this seals it. The idea was to remove entry barriers to our clients.

2. We hope it does. Let's see how it goes! Ultimately, it depends on the platforms and whether they can help increase the market participants. We'll see about that but we are certainly positive about the possibility. We don't have any revenue targets as such so we are just going with the flow.

3. I just want to let you know that in terms of compliance, there is no difference between a discount broker and a full-service broker. The exchanges & regulators demand that every broker must comply with their guidelines without any distinction. The pricing is purely a business call that the broker is free to take without any subsidies or partiality from the system. Having said that, in the last few years we have seen multiple defaults and frauds from traditional brokers and not discount brokers. You know why? Because discount brokers are more upfront about their policies and procedures and they are more visible online and thus more aware of the consequences if they do anything illegal. I don't buy that full-service brokers offer anything more than a discount broker. In fact, those lines have blurred a long time ago IMO.

4. We don't levy any fees for account opening or AMC. For more details, read this post. To learn more about our pricing, click here. For any additional information, you can visit our Support Portal.
Hey Tejas,

I have applied for the API access long back. I am a programmer who has experience in using Upstox/Kite APIs. I have not traded much in Fyers as it had no API access. Can you please grant me access so that I can try it and shift from Kite API . Thanks !

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hey Tejas,

I have applied for the API access long back. I am a programmer who has experience in using Upstox/Kite APIs. I have not traded much in Fyers as it had no API access. Can you please grant me access so that I can try it and shift from Kite API . Thanks !
Hey @superman,

How are you? Kindly send me a personal message with your registered contact details and our team will look into it tomorrow. If you are an active trader, then it shouldn't be an issue. We are just trying to avoid freeloaders who won't trade but will use APIs and utilize our resources.