Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I am in soup as I have referred couple of my relatives to Fyers and they are in losses due to the current issues.

Thankfully I have already moved out and we are in the process of moving these accounts also to Zerodha.
Hi @amrutham,
  1. Just for your information, F&O segment was blocked yesterday starting from 9:15 AM. Hence, intraday there was no issue. Only carry-forward positions were there and those were squared off by clients and our support team upon request using IOC orders. We had also disabled BO, CO & intraday orders in F&O segment just to avoid any risk of further disruptions.

2. Also, today the segment was blocked before the markets opened and we have promptly informed everyone by notice board, email & social media including Traderji. Again, there is no issue with intraday orders or BO/CO.

3. We have also informed everyone that existing orders can be squared-off using IOC orders as validity just in case, our phone lines are busy and you are on queue or email takes a while to respond.
Please note, that this has not happened because of our wrongdoing/mismanagement but others. Also, we have been diligent in starting the process of shifting out of IL&FS a long time ago but I only wish that the procedure was simpler and swift. Unfortunately, it is not and it takes some time. We are almost fully out of it anyways and I will write about this soon. We are always working in the best interests of our clients and will do everything in our power to resolve issues which come in your way.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Is it possible to make a withdrawal through Fyers Web? When I click on Fund Transfer & then select Withdraw Funds tab in the new window, it gives me an error. Why is this?
Yes, you can add & withdraw funds from the Fund Transfer page on FYERS Web.

Try refreshing the page. I just tried from my login and it works fine. In case it isn't, PM me your client ID and I'll arrange a callback.

I hope in the coming years SEBI introduces mini Options 1 lot= 100 shares in Nifty50 stocks similar to international stock markets as currently Futures and options in our Indian market carries too much high leverage for going short which also requires more funds to trade futures and options as per new rules. Another way around the high leverage futures and options is for SEBI to introduce Nifty50 Stocks CFDs. More and more CFD stock instruments are being offered in international stocks markets for going short which is less risky compared to short selling stocks. Certain markets have rules that prohibit shorting, require the trader to borrow the instrument before selling short or have different margin requirements for short and long positions. CFD stock instruments can be shorted at any time without borrowing costs because the trader doesn't own the underlying asset.