@Tejas Khoday @FYERS_Team
Hi,
When I place stop limit bracket order, it got executed on the stop price, t did not execute at limit price. Is this how it is supposed to work? Please explain this
Yes. I am following up with an example for better understanding. Assume you want to buy the stock X once it reaches 500 in which case you place a BO with a STOP PRICE at 500 which is the trigger price and LIMIT PRICE at 501 which simply means you are NOT willing to pay more than 501 hence your LIMIT. So when the CMP hits 500 your order is triggered and depending on how large a position you are trading and the liquidity of the scrip, your order can get filled at 500 itself or 500.05, 500.10 etc but it will not trade beyond 501 since that is the LIMIT you set.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday @FYERS_Team
Hi,
When I place stop limit bracket order, it got executed on the stop price, t did not execute at limit price. Is this how it is supposed to work? Please explain this
Hello @Prashant2810, Seems like you are new to trading. There are 2 types of Stop Loss Orders:
  • Stop Loss - Market (SL-M) - In this case, when the price reaches the Stop Loss price, the stop loss will be executed at the prevailing market price.

• Stop Loss - Limit (SL-L) - When the price reaches the Stop Loss price, the stop loss will be executed within or at the limit price only. For example, if you place a stop loss with at 100 and SL limit price at 99, the order will get traded only if there are bid/asks at that price. Otherwise, the order will remain pending. In reality, it can be risky if the limit price is too narrow and the order does not get traded because there were no bid/asks at the specified SL-L price and you can end up in more losses than you initially planned.

Prashant2810

Web Developer and Trader
Yes. I am following up with an example for better understanding. Assume you want to buy the stock X once it reaches 500 in which case you place a BO with a STOP PRICE at 500 which is the trigger price and LIMIT PRICE at 501 which simply means you are NOT willing to pay more than 501 hence your LIMIT. So when the CMP hits 500 your order is triggered and depending on how large a position you are trading and the liquidity of the scrip, your order can get filled at 500 itself or 500.05, 500.10 etc but it will not trade beyond 501 since that is the LIMIT you set.
Thanks..

Prashant2810

Web Developer and Trader
Hello @Prashant2810, Seems like you are new to trading. There are 2 types of Stop Loss Orders:
  • Stop Loss - Market (SL-M) - In this case, when the price reaches the Stop Loss price, the stop loss will be executed at the prevailing market price.

• Stop Loss - Limit (SL-L) - When the price reaches the Stop Loss price, the stop loss will be executed within or at the limit price only. For example, if you place a stop loss with at 100 and SL limit price at 99, the order will get traded only if there are bid/asks at that price. Otherwise, the order will remain pending. In reality, it can be risky if the limit price is too narrow and the order does not get traded because there were no bid/asks at the specified SL-L price and you can end up in more losses than you initially planned.
Yes, it has been just 1 year into trading and 2 months ago opened account with fyers. I just got confused with bracket order( stop loss limit) because in Zerodha when we place BO stop price and limit can be same. But here in fyers limit price should be higher than stop price in Bracket order. Now confusion resolves. Thanks a lot.