Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Fyers Tech @FYERS_Team @Tejas Khoday

Really sad on your part Fyers...

2nd time now... My id is FG0297 - Gregory Fernandes

I placed a BUY oRDER in BO for SRF ... 100 qty... with SL 5 and take profit 7..
Just be cause the stock moved fast somehow your system executed the order and also executed both legs of the order... leaving me stranded with an open position WHICH I CANNOT SQUARE OFF....

I immediately called support (from Africa) and we spoke for nearly more than 10 minutes and they still couldnt help me out... Just because the BO created multiple orders...

ANd then i had to just hang up and watch the terminal.

Sad....

Already i've stopped comodities trading with Fyers... Now looks like equity also will need to be stopped.

Greg
Hi @gregferns, We always tell our clients that the price differential between Target & Stop loss must be wide enough to avoid a double execution before one of the orders can get canceled. I have explained this before that if the target & SL are very close to each other, volatility may cause both to get traded in a few milliseconds/microseconds.

SRF had a wild movement today and you had placed the order as soon as the market opened when the stock was tanking. When bracket orders (BO) are placed, both your target & SL are sent to the exchange and these pending orders sit on the exchange's order book. The execution happens there and there is not much that can be done in such a case. Hence, a wider difference between target & SL would have certainly helped avoid this situation.

Since the order got executed in parts (We don't create multiple orders, order execution is as per the bid/asks in the scrip at the time), the order square-off took a bit of time as it is very rare for something like this to happen. We are working on a new version which will help you to square off positions even in such circumstances. Thus, we have intervened and closed the position at the earliest.

We take a lot of efforts & personal interest to ensure your experience is smooth and hassle-free. In fact, commodities trading is very popular at FYERS because traders find it to be suitable and have high uptime. We process many trades every day and your BO issue was the only one among all of those orders. The reason I am saying this is to let you know that we take feedback and issues seriously. Kindly consider resuming commodities trading with us.

In fact, a few weeks ago some TJ members didn't want us to put any barriers to the gap between Target & SL orders because the traders must have the freedom not to be restricted. I had explained the risks earlier too.

Last edited:
My calls are recorded... But it will not help... I am the loser in this case and will need to bear it.

its showing me 17 minutes since i posted here and they are still trying to close the order or convert it to intraday .

And the loss is now shoing in the range of Rs5k...

Very sad....

Finally they say they have placed a counter order in my system and now i can see 2 open positions 1 BUY and 1 sell.... and it has to remain like that throughout the day till EOD.

So it's like i have to see the pain till eod...
::: sad :::

Never faced these issues with others...
I'd faced a similar issue on Upstox, so it can happen with other brokers too but apart from the distance between entry & SL/TP, I think the sluggishness of order-execution may also be playing a role in this as @timepass has mentioned.

Nonetheless, the response of the CustomerCare (or lack thereof) is appalling, & something Fyers should work on because I'd faced a similar issue a YEAR AGO & it was the same story as you, & it took them several hours for Fyers staff to squareoff my positions from their end but thankfully, it was a small position in Cash & not in F&O but because of such reliability issues with many brokers, as a trader, I've learned that we should have some backup cash in a bank-account or invested in shares/Liquidbees or something with another broker, so that we can IMMEDIATELY take the opposite position with the other broker to minimize our loss until the first broker's glitch is resolved.

bashasm

Hi @gregferns, We always tell our clients that the price differential between Target & Stop loss must be wide enough to avoid a double execution before one of the orders can get canceled. I have explained this before that if the target & SL are very close to each other, volatility may cause both to get traded in a few milliseconds/microseconds.

SRF had a wild movement today and you had placed the order just when the market opened and the stock was tanking. When you place a bracket order (BO), both your target & SL are sent to the exchange and these pending orders sit on the exchange order book. The execution happens there and there is not much that can be done in such a case. Hence, a wider difference between target & SL would have certainly helped avoid this situation.

Since the order got executed in parts (We don't create multiple orders, order execution is as per the bid/asks in the scrip at the time), the order square-off took a bit of time as it is very rare for something like this to happen. We are working on a new version which will help you to square off positions even in such circumstances. Thus, we have intervened and closed the position at the earliest.

We take a lot of efforts & personal interest to ensure your experience is smooth and hassle-free. In fact, commodities trading is very popular at FYERS because traders find it to be suitable and have high uptime. We process many trades every day and your BO issue was the only one among all of those orders. The reason I am saying this is to let you know that we take feedback and issues seriously. Kindly consider resuming commodities trading with us.

In fact, a few weeks ago some TJ members didn't want us to put any barriers to the gap between Target & SL orders because the traders must have the freedom not to be restricted. I had explained the risks earlier too.
Tejas,

I have faced a similar problem with the BO/CO with other brokers if everyone faces these issues why is it not discouraged?, the problem I see is with the leverage, brokers offer more leverage for the clients, and we end up facing these challenges.
Anyways thanks for explaining patiently

Tejas,

I have faced a similar problem with the BO/CO with other brokers if everyone faces these issues why is it not discouraged?, the problem I see is with the leverage, brokers offer more leverage for the clients, and we end up facing these challenges.
You're free not to use that leverage & you'll never face this issue since this issue is related to those who use very short SL/TP, & that could happen even if less leverage is provided but SL/TP is very close to the entry-price & there's huge volatility in the stock.

bashasm

You're free not to use that leverage & you'll never face this issue since this issue is related to those who use very short SL/TP, & that could happen even if less leverage is provided but SL/TP is very close to the entry-price & there's huge volatility in the stock.
Thanks for enlightening me

Tejas,

Hi @bashasm, The complexity involved in executing BO is much higher compared to all other types of orders, which somewhere comes as a challenge. Volatility in the script and the tight SL/TP will appear to be a threat for smooth execution of BO. Therefore, we at Fyers encourage you to follow wide SL/TP.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
The next time, make sure that you make your first complaint in writing (email). Keep a paper trail.

Fyers, you have to do something about the sluggishness of the order execution.
Hi @timepass, @Newbie Day-Trader & @bashasm,

I just want to provide more clarity on Bracket Orders. We have designed the bracket order functionality in a way that it has the least possible issues with regards to order execution. This is the main reason we launched it in 2 phases. Bracket Order Phase-1 had the basic functionalities. We launched phase 2 of the bracket orders after taking precautionary measures as the order execution is the biggest challenge with this order type as has been experienced by many brokers and clients before. We have also avoided trailing SL because of its order execution complexities. For example, how often should an SL trail the market price? What about trailing SL in illiquid scrips? What about its bandwidth utilization as the number of requests shoots through the roof and floods the capacity? What if there is a fluctuation and the trailing SL does not modify? We have thought through this from various angles. We have also mentioned several times on this thread that it makes sense to have a minimum spread between Target & SL.

bashasm

@FYERS_Team @Tejas Khoday

How to change the colors of the RS/Previous day levels, the issue comes when I change the chart background color to dark color, I need to change these

1557852311435.png