Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi Tejas, I recently opened a Fyers account and started using it from last week or so after using Zerodha which feels like since birth. Already loving Fyers web and Fyers one though found some major things missing. The most important thing I found missing is in SL order type where you dont allow trigger price and price to be entered same. This used to be same in old Zerodha and even now they have changed it so you should also allow to enter equal trigger price and price in SL orders.
Hey there, Hope you're doing good. There's a reason why SL and Target Price cannot be the same. Well, maybe they have changed it after realizing the inherent execution issues.

A trigger price activates a Stop Loss order when the price is reached and then the order is sent to the exchange and executed based on the limit or market price. If you are long, then the trigger price has to be higher than the SL-L limit price. Why? Because the stop loss must be triggered first and then the order will get activated at the exchange. The limit price is a buffer price above which the SL must get executed. If the target and limit are the same price, then there are higher chances of the order not getting executed and your trade will continue despite the SL level being breached.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi there,
I am regular user of your platform & indeed it is one of the finest.
Request following modifications to help improve the trading experience.
1) appearance & paramaters of order placement window same in web & market app
2) facility to put same price in STOP & LIMIT option when inputting SL-Limit order
3) Facility to change a pending Stop Loss Limit order into Stop order
4) on chart order placement & modification in app or in Mobile browser version of fyers web

Thanks
Hi @Mandar77,

Thanks for appreciating our platforms.

1. We will take up mobile app modifications in the future.

2. This is not possible as explained in my previous post.

3. Will check if this is feasible.

4. Again, we shall take mobile app modifications in the future.

bpr

Hey there, Hope you're doing good. There's a reason why SL and Target Price cannot be the same. Well, maybe they have changed it after realizing the inherent execution issues.

A trigger price activates a Stop Loss order when the price is reached and then the order is sent to the exchange and executed based on the limit or market price. If you are long, then the trigger price has to be higher than the SL-L limit price. Why? Because the stop loss must be triggered first and then the order will get activated at the exchange. The limit price is a buffer price above which the SL must get executed. If the target and limit are the same price, then there are higher chances of the order not getting executed and your trade will continue despite the SL level being breached.
you are correct.
But let me ask you this if there is a tick gap is it guaranteed to execute ?
if there is 10 tick gap is it guaranteed to execute ??
SL-L by definition is not guaranteed to execute. there is always risk of not executing the order. Let the trader deal with it. How about let the trader decide whether it is zero tick gap or more..

Here also in spite of listening to user request u gave explanation /excuse to justify existing limitation which does not help at all. Very sad.

Last edited:
Hi @Mandar77,

Thanks for appreciating our platforms.

1. We will take up mobile app modifications in the future.

2. This is not possible as explained in my previous post.

3. Will check if this is feasible.

4. Again, we shall take mobile app modifications in the future.
Thanks for your response.
Regarding point no 2, I would like to bring to your notice that in zerodha the STOP & LIMIT price can be given same for a SL-Limit order & it is indeed convenient.
Request you to relook into this aspect. It really enhances the operational ease during the crucial moment of trade.

Trend line replication still has a problem in Fyers web platform. Cant trade in Fyers one coz there is no such thing as trend line replication or support & resistance replication in Fyers One even in the year 2019.

Last edited: