1. You'll just have to click on Stop / Stop Limit after selecting either BUY/SELL/Create New Order. It's just one extra click in the order entry window @Newbie Day-Trader.

2. We don't want to decide the default SL price for traders. I'm sure we'll receive complaints if we do.
1. Isn't the whole point having Limit & Stop orders directly accessible from right-click to eliminate that one extra click? It's the same logic for doing so with StopLimit Orders as well. Moreover, selecting BUY/SELL/Create New Order means that I have to manually type in the order price which eliminates the benefit of placing orders by picking a price-point on the chart.

2. You already do have a default price for SL. It's set to LTP as far as I can tell, which I'm sure is far more annoying to traders than if you were to set it 1-2% away from LTP, along with TP 1-2% away from LTP in the other direction. I don't see why anyone would be bothered by being able to put in BOs faster, they would still be able to put different values if they wanted but others, like myself, would be glad to be able to shoot BOs faster. Really, I don't understand how having LTP as default SL & a blank TP field is better than that. Please explain the logic behind this thinking.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
1. Isn't the whole point having Limit & Stop orders directly accessible from right-click to eliminate that one extra click? It's the same logic for doing so with StopLimit Orders as well. Moreover, selecting BUY/SELL/Create New Order means that I have to manually type in the order price which eliminates the benefit of placing orders by picking a price-point on the chart.

2. You already do have a default price for SL. It's set to LTP as far as I can tell, which I'm sure is far more annoying to traders than if you were to set it 1-2% away from LTP, along with TP 1-2% away from LTP in the other direction. I don't see why anyone would be bothered by being able to put in BOs faster, they would still be able to put different values if they wanted but others, like myself, would be glad to be able to shoot BOs faster. Really, I don't understand how having LTP as default SL & a blank TP field is better than that. Please explain the logic behind this thinking.
Hi @Newbie Day-Trader

1. Yes, it is but to the best of my understanding, it is not the most required thing at the moment. If we are to introduce it, then it will need to have all the options laid out there itself. For instance, it will have to show the following:
  • Buy - Market
  • Buy - Limit
  • Buy - SL-M
  • Buy - SL-L
  • Buy - BO Market
  • Buy - BO Limit
  • Buy - BO SL-M
  • Buy - BO SL-L etc.
All of these are anyways incorporated in the order entry window (Which is just a click away).

2. We deal with customers & their feedback on a daily basis and have a fair understanding of their pulse. There is a big difference in setting the default to LTP and 1 or 2%. Trust me on that! :)

3. Your feedback is welcome. I just want to let you know that we are taking notes and will implement what is most suitable. If I disagree with your feedback, it does not mean that we disregard it. It's just that as a company, we need to allocate resources in the best possible way.

1) Why not set the default to zero, as with Take profit ?
2) On "Submit", perhaps it would be better to perform the validation and inform of any errors, thus keeping the order window open. At present the order window closes and then there is a message informing whether the order was accepted or not. If not accepted, the trader has to re-open the window and re-enter the values.

Hi @Newbie Day-Trader

1. Yes, it is but to the best of my understanding, it is not the most required thing at the moment. If we are to introduce it, then it will need to have all the options laid out there itself. For instance, it will have to show the following:
  • Buy - Market
  • Buy - Limit
  • Buy - SL-M
  • Buy - SL-L
  • Buy - BO Market
  • Buy - BO Limit
  • Buy - BO SL-M
  • Buy - BO SL-L etc.
All of these are anyways incorporated in the order entry window (Which is just a click away).

2. We deal with customers & their feedback on a daily basis and have a fair understanding of their pulse. There is a big difference in setting the default to LTP and 1 or 2%. Trust me on that! :)

3. Your feedback is welcome. I just want to let you know that we are taking notes and will implement what is most suitable. If I disagree with your feedback, it does not mean that we disregard it. It's just that as a company, we need to allocate resources in the best possible way.
1. Well, you only need to add SL-L/StopLimit to the right-click as long as the order-window remembers the Product-Type (Regular, CO, BO, etc.), so you don't need to add the three options (Limit, SL-M/Stop, SL-L/StopLimit) for every Product-Type, & as far as Market orders are concerned, there's the Buy/Sell panel for that as you've mentioned, not to mention, Price-Ladder.

2. Please explain to me what that big difference is. Right now, I'm sure almost EVERYONE has to manually type in their values for SL & TP whereas if those values defaulted to 1-2% away from LTP then, at least SOME traders won't have to waste time on putting in those values until the entry is triggered whereas NOTHING CHANGES for the rest of the traders since they'll continue to have to put in their own SL & TP values as they already do right now. It's a feature that would benefit some traders WITHOUT negatively affecting other traders in any way.

3. Right, I definitely understand that it mayn't be feasible for you to work on every feedback that you get since there would be just too much to do, so it's ok. I just mention what I find useful/problematic to me (& perhaps, other traders), & it's up to you to weigh the pros & cons from your perspective, & act accordingly.

Received a call from your team about the "nothing to modify" error on DHFL, though he seemed to be saying that SLs must already have been executed, & that's why I was getting that error when I was trying to move those 5 SLs. Nonetheless, I'm 200% sure that SLs hadn't been executed when I was trying to move them because as I've said before, eventually, I was able to move all 5 SLs to the desired location but I had to do it by right-clicking on each SL separately & manually enter the desired price to modify (& even that gave me "nothing to modify" error several times, though I kept trying & succeeded in moving all 5 SLs eventually) rather than being able to do the same by dragging SLs on the chart itself.

iTrade

1. Well, you only need to add SL-L/StopLimit to the right-click as long as the order-window remembers the Product-Type (Regular, CO, BO, etc.), so you don't need to add the three options (Limit, SL-M/Stop, SL-L/StopLimit) for every Product-Type, & as far as Market orders are concerned, there's the Buy/Sell panel for that as you've mentioned, not to mention, Price-Ladder.

2. Please explain to me what that big difference is. Right now, I'm sure almost EVERYONE has to manually type in their values for SL & TP whereas if those values defaulted to 1-2% away from LTP then, at least SOME traders won't have to waste time on putting in those values until the entry is triggered whereas NOTHING CHANGES for the rest of the traders since they'll continue to have to put in their own SL & TP values as they already do right now. It's a feature that would benefit some traders WITHOUT negatively affecting other traders in any way.

3. Right, I definitely understand that it mayn't be feasible for you to work on every feedback that you get since there would be just too much to do, so it's ok. I just mention what I find useful/problematic to me (& perhaps, other traders), & it's up to you to weigh the pros & cons from your perspective, & act accordingly.
Agree on point 2. At least i can get in trade quickly without touching the sl if it is kept 1% far and can be updated once in trade. For others anyways it has to be modified from whatever default it is. So some things are logical and should be overruled by whatever user feedback was in past.

@Tejas Khoday
Is there a way to get the continuous charts on Fyers mobile? It would be really good if you could get those Fyers web dashboard settings a) Dark theme setting b) Continuous chart setting to Fyers mobile as well?