Hi @traderwa,

NEST Trader is a licensed platform offered by brokers that belongs to Omnesys Technologies which was acquired by Thomson Reuters after we started FYERS. We met with the owner of Omnesys at the time and he asked us to take up their platforms and offer it to our customers just like other brokers. We declined because we wouldn't be able to customize the platform. Omnesys has many broker customers and enjoys a great market share. Thus, they wouldn't want to change what's already working for them and being a B2B company, they don't get to hear the customers' feedback directly. Zerodha and other brokers that offer NEST can't change it in any way. Hence, you should not be blaming the broker in this case. I'm sure Nithin and his team are taking measures to improve the platform. I can't comment much more than that.

So far, we have had a comparatively much higher uptime than our peers. Our platforms have been up on all the major days & periods such as Demonetization, Brexit, 5 successive budgets, resignations of RBI governors, Nirav Modi scam period when PSU banks and corporate governance issues led to some volatility, intraday collapse of share prices of Oil Marketing companies when Jaitley announced that the government has approved 1.5 cute on excise duty for crude and out of that 1 rupee burden will be absorbed by OMCs, NBFC liquidity crisis period and IL&FS default etc.

Up-time is important and It is our first priority! We do our best in this department. But all said & done, the chain is only as strong as the weakest link. There are multiple service providers such as Telcoms, Exchange, Data Centers, etc. who can affect the connectivity. After dealing with all the parties involved in making connectivity possible, I can confidently tell you that the network infrastructure in India needs to improve. Also, the Telcoms need to understand that lines provided for the purpose of trading need to be carefully handled. Truth be told, they don't really care too much although they should. I still remember when there was construction work in Mumbai, many brokers' connections just got cut-off and they apparently didn't even have backups.

Important Disclaimer: FYERS does not guarantee Up-Time because it is not possible to guarantee it. However, we have invested our resources to ensure that we can handle abrupt disconnections which can severely affect traders. We do it in the best possible ways known to us.
All that said and done, the simplicity and speed of Nest is incomparable, unless compared with NOW.

Well, one can get in touch with Omnesys support team, thus C2B communication is available.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Thanks for the info.

And yes, i am a pro subscriber of TV... I didnt know that the ALERT feature was something they didnt give out with the package to you'll...

Anyways can you come up with something on the ALERT lines then ?? Even Zerodha has an alert system on their web platform... Maybe you can do one better by incorporating it into the web charts ?? I'm sure there wont be restrictions from TV's side to you modifying their interface a bit for your customers demands !!!

Another point on ALERTS -- if you compare investing.com's alert system over TV's TV has also the possibility of noting comments in alerts (which investing.com doesn't have although their charts are powered by TV). Maybe you could think of this also while setting up an alert system.

Keeping fingers crossed. The alerts do tend to help a lot as most people may not be able to sit in front of the screen all day.
Thanks for your valuable feedback @gregferns. We really appreciate your efforts to help us improve.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday
What is the stop-out level for Bracket Orders on equity futures? I mean in terms of below 100% or 80% or whatever of the required margin? Thanks.
Good question @Newbie Day-Trader. Our risk system blocks margin in Cover & Bracket Orders based on the stop loss. You can place an order utilizing 100% of your funds in the account. Hope this clarifies.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
why are the candles messed up on/after the mock trading day on fyers web? This makes it very difficult to read the charts and analyze them on weekend. Can you please let us know if there's any setting that will remove those big bars?
Hi @chillax, Mock session data is erased before Monday. Usually, it's done by Saturday / Sunday.

Yes, it is difficult to read it but as a broker who is making changes/updates to the platform, we have to participate in the mock sessions organized on Saturdays every month. There are no settings as such. It happens once a month only and the data is erased within 1 or 2 days on the weekend.