Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday
Can broker suddenly start demanding opening of Demat A/C with them?
What SEBI rule regarding this!!!!
Do you mean clients? Yeah, clients can demand to open an account with IL&FS since we are tied up with them for demat accounts but I don't think they'd demand it as such! SEBI rule regarding clients demanding to open demat accounts with IL&FS? Nothing, it's business as usual to the best of my knowledge.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Sir can you throw light why so much time required for DP license.. is procedure is that much tedious?
1. Documents, Documentation & more Documentation.

2. Compliance. If we are already compliant then there is more compliance to comply with.

3. Organizational Transition. It involves a lot of accounts, reconciliations, auditors, exchanges, and SEBI permission in 3 stages.

4. Each of the stages takes months!

We're on the job. I just can't commit on the timelines because these things are not in our control and it will happen when it has to.

Hope this helps to get a basic understanding.

1. There is a limit check on all brokerage platforms! This is to ensure that there is a layer of safety to protect against fat finger trades. Yes, we also do have such a thing and it is subject to change from time to time. You can easily buy 300 - 5000 quantity without breaking a sweat.

2. We don't have any limits on the strike prices. You can trade any strike price.

Hope this answers your questions @platosaurus
Thanks. Reg. #1, even when I used to buy only 1000 quantities at zerodha, a portion (say 300) would be executed, then other portion would be pending, etc. This gave a lot of stress, cuz I would've calculated the exit at a certain price for ALL quantities. I hope such execution problems won't be there at fyers because so far I've only tried around 600 quantities max. and it works smoothly. I hope if I try 3000, the execution of buy/sell would be as smooth without anything pending. I am talking about BANKNIFTY OPTIONS only, nothing else.

sach007

Impatient Trader
1. Documents, Documentation & more Documentation.

2. Compliance. If we are already compliant then there is more compliance to comply with.

3. Organizational Transition. It involves a lot of accounts, reconciliations, auditors, exchanges, and SEBI permission in 3 stages.

4. Each of the stages takes months!

We're on the job. I just can't commit on the timelines because these things are not in our control and it will happen when it has to.

Hope this helps to get a basic understanding.
Sir really thanks for explaining ... in details..

We are not aware its too much time consuming...

Hopefully Fyers will get it earliest is good..

Our wishes with you..

HappyLife

Do you mean clients? Yeah, clients can demand to open an account with IL&FS since we are tied up with them for demat accounts but I don't think they'd demand it as such! SEBI rule regarding clients demanding to open demat accounts with IL&FS? Nothing, it's business as usual to the best of my knowledge.
@Tejas Khoday
same Question with Example:-
I open account with FYERS & map my existing DP .
After 1 year or so FYERS get the DP license & start demanding to open DEMAT A/C with them or hence you cannot Trade.
So my question
Can Broker force Client to open Demat A/C with them? to continue trading.....
What SEBI rule regarding this!!!!

Instead of manually pressing center view button on DOM window, can we have option of always on center(Bid/ask).
In volatile market i needs to press that button more frequently to bring Bid/ask data to the center and it is very annoying to do so.
@Tejas Khoday can we have this feature on web?