Hi Tejas,
I would like to thank you and your team for acting so swiftly on the bug that I pointed in FYERS Web platform which would make the trading experience much smoother.
Love the efforts you are putting in to make fyers the best brokerage firm in India and am eagerly waiting for what all new and cool features your team is working on.
Resolution: The limit price in the order window will now show the LTP

As per NSE, Indian traders are allowed to trade S&P 500 and DJIA Indices in India via Indian brokers. Can we trade S&P 500 and DJIA Indices through Fyers broker?

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi Tejas,
I would like to thank you and your team for acting so swiftly on the bug that I pointed in FYERS Web platform which would make the trading experience much smoother.
Love the efforts you are putting in to make fyers the best brokerage firm in India and am eagerly waiting for what all new and cool features your team is working on.
Hi @EpsiloniPhi, Yeah I saw your post after 1 month on LinkedIn. We found your feedback to be very important and got it implemented immediately. Please note that I don't use LinkedIn as often as @Traderji. You can get in touch with us for giving feedback. I also encourage you to participate on Traderji if you are looking for any trading related interactions with other like-minded people.

All the best.

I have a couple of doubts on banknifty options:
1) In zerodha, there is a limit to the quantities you can buy at one stroke - 2500. Is there such a thing in fyers also? If not, will order amounts like 3000 or 4000 quantities be executed smoothly? So far I've only tried 500 or 600, so I am a little wary. Some insight on this would be nice.
2) In zerodha, they have trade limits on Banknifty. For instance, today the limit was from 28800 to 29000 CE and PE, which means you cannot choose strike prices like 29300 or 28500. Are there such limits in fyers as well?

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
As per NSE, Indian traders are allowed to trade S&P 500 and DJIA Indices in India via Indian brokers. Can we trade S&P 500 and DJIA Indices through Fyers broker?
Hi @bull375,

S&P 500 and DJIA futures flopped "Big Time" in the Indian markets. I still remember that there was barely any activity ever since 2012. The volumes just collapsed even after NSE waived off transaction charges. I believe the real reason for the collapse in volume was because traders realized that these US Indices cannot be traded in India effectively because of the following reasons:
  1. When US markets are open, NSE is closed and vice versa. In the absence of real-time tracking of the US prices, the product didn't have much intraday movement and it was basically used as speculation for overnight movement in US indices. Since there is no point in trading these futures contracts in the intraday timeframe, volumes evaporated.

2. It is a double derivative as the contract is priced in INR so any movement in USDINR prices affected trading activity too. So trading US Indices entailed 2 main risks - Risk of adverse movement in the indices and currencies. If both went wrong, then you'd be in some deep trouble.

3. Also, there was a liquidity risk. Since intraday trading was not feasible by the very design of the product, traders would not want to carry sizeable positions and it, in turn, affected liquidity. A self-fulling prophecy.
Instead of keeping the exchange open during American trading hours, NSE decided to improve liquidity by providing incentives through their "Liquidity Enhancement Scheme". After all their efforts failed, the DJIA & S&P 500 futures was discontinued in August 2017 as per the circular in the attachment.

Short Answer
: No.

Attachments