Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Actually something similar happened with me. I was shocked to react. I wanted to ask that guy -- Why are you shouting at me? But had something more important to do, so let it go.

And still waiting for reply to this post:

https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/fyers.105097/page-425#post-1342180
Hi @Krushna, Please write to me with the details of the person who spoke to you and your query. I will surely kick ass if this is for real! Not everyone understands the importance of customers and I will surely take disciplinary on highest priority. I am waiting for your message.

Hi @Krushna, Please write to me with the details of the person who spoke to you and your query. I will surely kick ass if this is for real! Not everyone understands the importance of customers and I will surely take disciplinary on highest priority. I am waiting for your message.

Hi Tejas,

thank you for your reply. Actually that was some days ago, and I was just asking about the Dashboard, and he sounded like he was annoyed and talked with me raising his voice. I dont remember the name, but if such a thing happens in future, I will definitely let you know. And it was definetely a shock for me.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday :

I want to commmunicate with you about a very serious issue that has happened with me more than once. Actually I did not want to bring this up in a public forum, so first I called the support, spoke with them, and sent a mail to the support explaining everythig as directed on the call. However, the reply I got was very disappointing, to say the least. And thats why I am communicating this with you. I am just pasting the body of my mail here.

"Hi,

I want to complain about the issue of order execution when I had not chose to execute the order.

My ID is ******. Today (Jan 31st) I bought 100 shares of Tata Steel @12.07.15 as per the dashboard. (This is my last buy order of the day). After that, at 13.09.15 I booked half of it by a limit order at some profit. Then I changed the qty of my stop loss order to 50 from 100.
After some time, I trailed the stop loss order of 50 quantity to about 471.80/90.
I cant tell the exact figure as i just drew the order like up. Then even when the big spike down happened in the 13.24 candle, my SL order was not hit, the order line was showing and my profit amount was also changing with every tick. Then after someitme,around 13.38-39, I tried to modify the order by dragging the order line up and i was trying to punch in the exact price level I wanted in the window, and when i hit modify, i got message the order is already executed. I thought may be the order was modified even before me hitting on modify so i said its ok. Then I saw my PnL on dashboard then it was some 300+, but at the time of modifying it was showing around 490. Then I was surprised to see so much difference and thought I need to check at exactly what level my order got executed. I was checking the time stamp around 13.38, but to my surprise the last 50 shares of Tata Steel that were sold were at 13.10, just a minute after I booked partial profit for 50 shares and 50 shares were still in my account as shown on the chart. And this was shown as a mrket order which i never gave.
So, when I never gave a sell order at 13.10, how were my shares sold at 13.10?
And, even after they were sold, how was I shown on chart that I still hold 50 shares of tata steel and the profit was also changing with every tick?
I am also attaching the image. In the image of the chart where I have drawn a yellow line, my stop loss order was at that level and the big spike down of 13.24 alos hadnt hit my SL. The order line on chart was still active. And the dashboad says 50 shares sold at 13.10.07

And this happened a couple of times before also, but I didnt pay attention to it before this. So please look into this matter ASAP.

Regards"

And the response I got was:
"We checked in our Bankend and You have only placed the order at 1:10pm.
Please do check the order report to check the details. PFA. "

So, when I described in detail about:
1) I sold 50 shares at limit order,
2) The order line was showin I still hold 50 shares,
3) The profit amount on order line was also changing with every tick,
4) The order line with 50 qty was still there even after the down spike at 13.24, and
5) This has happened with me a couple of times before as well,
6) And most importantly I never gave a market order to sell 50 shares of Tata Steel,

all I get in response is "I have placed the order at 1:10".!!!

Now if it had happened with some other broker, I would have just switched to some other one, but the silver lining here is I can communicate directly with you who can look into this. I am suspecting something fishy is going on.And if this happens when one is trading with multi lots of futures, that would be devastating. So please look into the matter. I want Fyers to be the best because you guys are the first who have brought trading from charts to us which is a great convinience for us intraday traders.

Regards
Krushna.
Hi @Krushna,

Since the message was really long, it took a bit of time to go through it and draft a reply. I will explain this to help you understand exactly what happened. The Web trading platform is designed in a way that the chart shows the data of the positions window. Sometimes, the positions get squared off when the price hits the pending orders but the page is not refreshed and hence, the chart continues to show the position. Upon clicking the "refresh trading details" button in the dashboard settings OR reload the page in such instances OR by making the platform active by using any of its functionalities, the platform triggers a refresh of the position book. We are very close to resolving this issue by introducing real-time streaming of position book without requiring to refresh. We'll resolve this soon. I have mentioned this several times before and tried to bring awareness about this previously on this thread. But your feedback is valid and we shall put this on priority. Such instances happen especially on spikes and sudden movement. Until we resolve it, please refresh the page.

With regards to the Trailing SL order, if you place SL-M orders they will show as MARKET orders in the order book because they got executed at the market price. However, if you place SL-L orders, it will show a LIMIT order in your order book because it got executed at a limit price. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks for your detailed post!

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi Tejas,

thank you for your reply. Actually that was some days ago, and I was just asking about the Dashboard, and he sounded like he was annoyed and talked with me raising his voice. I dont remember the name, but if such a thing happens in future, I will definitely let you know. And it was definetely a shock for me.
Let me know his name! That will help me straighten things out.

Hi @Krushna,

Since the message was really long, it took a bit of time to go through it and draft a reply. I will explain this to help you understand exactly what happened. The Web trading platform is designed in a way that the chart shows the data of the positions window. Sometimes, the positions get squared off when the price hits the pending orders but the page is not refreshed and hence, the chart continues to show the position. Upon clicking the "refresh trading details" button in the dashboard settings OR reload the page in such instances OR by making the platform active by using any of its functionalities, the platform triggers a refresh of the position book. We are very close to resolving this issue by introducing real-time streaming of position book without requiring to refresh. We'll resolve this soon. I have mentioned this several times before and tried to bring awareness about this previously on this thread. But your feedback is valid and we shall put this on priority. Such instances happen especially on spikes and sudden movement. Until we resolve it, please refresh the page.

With regards to the Trailing SL order, if you place SL-M orders they will show as MARKET orders in the order book because they got executed at the market price. However, if you place SL-L orders, it will show a LIMIT order in your order book because it got executed at a limit price. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks for your detailed post!

Hi @Tejas Khoday

Thank you for the reply.
You say:
"Sometimes, the positions get squared off when the price hits the pending orders but the page is not refreshed and hence, the chart continues to show the position."
Ok, I agree with this, something your technical team needs to work on.
And I also give the benefit of doubt to Fyers since I am not sure if my order was SL or SL-M, but as much as I remember, I never give SL-M order.
And such a thing never happened with me in the last 3-4 years I have been trading intraday. The major concern here would be trading futures or increase the position size in cash until this issue is sorted out. As it is, intraday traders have many things to worry about their own trading, and this would be one extra burden to carry.

Regards
Krushna.

Let me know his name! That will help me straighten things out.
Thank you for your concern. But I dont remember his name and I even checked the recordings on my cellphone, but it was some days ago and I frequently delete call recordings so have no trace of him. However, next time any such thing happens, will definetely bring to your notice.
Also I suggest to keep a tab on the quality team as its their job to monitor such things.

Regards
Krushna.

Last edited:
I just opened an account. Requesting that sub 1 min time frames be available on both Fyers One and Web. Ideally, you would allow users to set their own time frames - 10s, 15s, 30s, etc.

Also, is there any plan to introduce footprint charts? These are critical for intra day trading and my long term platform choice will be driven by this offering.