Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
1. So, it's manual monitoring ?? No ringing alarm bells or something ??

2. Very comforting to know that the customers are informed of any glitches.

3. This is a bit disturbing. The positions don't get squared off till 80% loss is reached ? What if the customer wants to clear them before that ? Also, in case of a technical issue, you may not be able to square off from your end too, because there is some technical glitch.
1. We do have alerts for this too.

2. Thanks! This is done based on the seriousness of the situation.

3. In the sense, we have filters (It's a slab) through which we monitor all clients' positions. If a client loses 80% of his capital, all his open positions will be squared off. We can change this based on the volatility in the markets. Usually, most other brokers square off individual positions when they reach a certain limit but that too subjectively. We chose not to do that so that we can eliminate subjectivity altogether. From a risk management perspective, we are in no position to understand what a client's rationale for each trade is. Hence, it's best to choose a definitive rule-based approach.

3. In the sense, we have filters (It's a slab) through which we monitor all clients' positions. If a client loses 80% of his capital, all his open positions will be squared off. We can change this based on the volatility in the markets. Usually, most other brokers square off individual positions when they reach a certain limit but that too subjectively. We chose not to do that so that we can eliminate subjectivity altogether. From a risk management perspective, we are in no position to understand what a client's rationale for each trade is. Hence, it's best to choose a definitive rule-based approach.
A suggestion then.

Maybe the customer should be able to set his own limits too. Ok, 80% is the limit from your side, but it would be good if the customer is able to set his own limit too. Suppose I define 2 slabs for myself - 30% and 55%. Then maybe I get a message when these limits are reached, and a question "Do you want to square off your open positions ? (Yes/No)".

Since this would be an automated process, there is no subjectivity, and perhaps much less heartburn (depending on individual risk appetite).

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
A suggestion then.

Maybe the customer should be able to set his own limits too. Ok, 80% is the limit from your side, but it would be good if the customer is able to set his own limit too. Suppose I define 2 slabs for myself - 30% and 55%. Then maybe I get a message when these limits are reached, and a question "Do you want to square off your open positions ? (Yes/No)".

Since this would be an automated process, there is no subjectivity, and perhaps much less heartburn (depending on individual risk appetite).
This is do-able in the future.

Today tried from Fyerone but I can't even after the restart. Only another option is to reinstall, that I didn't today again Monday I will. Even on the web platform today I have faced the problem. So traded with existing broker account.
In web trade how to pop out price ladder and chart from fyer main page, Pls help