Creep

Hi Tejas, you are losing all my respect buddy. Very comfortably you ignored my example and decided to quote yours without any thought/research.

1. If expense ratio for direct is 1.2 and regular is 2.5. That means I pay 1.3% extra. This is debited end of everyday and not end of a year. So if you understand how compounding works and this 1.3% is debited everyday, I'd pay almost over 2% as annualized AUM or more if markets do well that year.

2. Rs 50 is 1% of 5000. I get it. But expense ratio is applied on my entire investment continuously and not just one time. So at end of 1 year, expense ratio will be applied on 12 x 5000 = 60000 + whatever current NAV. So in my example, second year, I will be paying 1.3% extra on my investment of say Rs 80000 everyday, 3rd year on say 3lks and so on. I am investing into a mutual fund for long term, I may never sell it. So at end of 10 years, I will be paying this 1.3% annualized daily to you the conniving distributor for no work of yours on say an MF portfolio of mine which is 15lks. This is considering an SIP of only 5k, but as people grow their size of SIPs grow too.

So if I invested say 15000 as SIP in regular with you, I would have paid you atleast 3lks in distributor commission and end of 20 years it would be 30lks extra.

So please stop misleading people on an open forum saying investing in regular is better than direct just because you want to earn a lot of money from your client for his lifetime. Start caring for your client, it is extremely important to become successful.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi Tejas, you are losing all my respect buddy. Very comfortably you ignored my example and decided to quote yours without any thought/research.

1. If expense ratio for direct is 1.2 and regular is 2.5. That means I pay 1.3% extra. This is debited end of everyday and not end of a year. So if you understand how compounding works and this 1.3% is debited everyday, I'd pay almost over 2% as annualized AUM or more if markets do well that year.

2. Rs 50 is 1% of 5000. I get it. But expense ratio is applied on my entire investment continuously and not just one time. So at end of 1 year, expense ratio will be applied on 12 x 5000 = 60000 + whatever current NAV. So in my example, second year, I will be paying 1.3% extra on my investment of say Rs 80000 everyday, 3rd year on say 3lks and so on. I am investing into a mutual fund for long term, I may never sell it. So at end of 10 years, I will be paying this 1.3% annualized daily to you the conniving distributor for no work of yours on say an MF portfolio of mine which is 15lks. This is considering an SIP of only 5k, but as people grow their size of SIPs grow too.

So if I invested say 15000 as SIP in regular with you, I would have paid you atleast 3lks in distributor commission and end of 20 years it would be 30lks extra.

So please stop misleading people on an open forum saying investing in regular is better than direct just because you want to earn a lot of money from your client for his lifetime. Start caring for your client, it is extremely important to become successful.
Okay, so you lost all your respect for me because of my "frivolous answer"? Great. I didn't think it was that easy :).
  1. The expense ratio differs from fund to fund ranging from approximately 1.5% to 2.5% per year (2.5% being the maximum allowed limit). Yes, it is an open-ended fund so NAV has to be debited on a daily basis, that's a given. The net impact depends on how the market performs. For example, if the NAV goes down from 100 to say, 95, the expense ratio is calculated on 95. Markets don't go up in a uniform manner.

2. Correct, that's what I have mentioned in my post. (1% on ₹5000 not accounting for the growth factor either in terms of returns or AUM).
There is no denying that direct funds are beneficial to investors. That's not my bone of contention. The fact that direct MF platforms forego distributor commissions and charge clients directly are at odds simply because their earnings don't justify their advisory efforts (especially, those who charge one-time fees). This is because the investment size is so small that a one-time token advisory fee of say ₹2000-3000 is too much for them because it's almost equivalent 1 monthly SIP installment. My statement is about the viability of doing that.

The thing is, in finance all things can be extrapolated in the long-term. In this case, you extrapolated commissions saved via direct schemes to 20 years. But in real life, it works differently. The larger the amounts get, the smaller the expense ratios are likely to become (Either individually, as a mutual fund or as a result of the AUM of the industry itself). Things evolve.
Make no mistake, the industry used to have an entry load of more 2% for open-ended funds and an exit load of 2% at one point. Today, distributors (IFAs) make some 1% of equity AUMs annually, payable on a monthly trail commission basis. Tomorrow is unpredictable as regulations are changing fast.

And lastly, I'd be the last person to misguide people. I understand you have strong feelings but I don't see a reason for you to try and malign our reputation for my realistic opinion on the MF distribution market. I understand from your previous posts that you have a bias towards Zerodha. I respect that you do. But making hardline statements about me misguiding people? Not fair.

Anyways, moving on with the thread.

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
in fyersone only 15 days max backfill(i only check 5 min and 15 mins). will u increase backfill days?
Hi @mithu sen, could you tell me the symbol? We'll have that checked because we have more than that as mentioned below.
  1. On Fyers One currently, you get 1 min, 5 min, 15 min & above for the last 1 month (21 trading days).
  2. On Fyers Web however, you get intraday data since 1st July 2017 (1 min, 1 min, 5 min, 15 min & above).

This looks great! -

Your order-placement/modification is very similar to TradeSmartOnline's in-house platform, which I'd really liked when I first saw it but I hope yours is not as buggy as theirs. I also like the price-ladder. I'd like to give your platform a try.

Why isn't Fyers on this list? https://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/arbitration_reports/report_1c_2015_16.htm

Can you provide some info on the financial stability of your company? (sorry if it's already been mentioned but I'm too lazy to go through the entire thread)

Raj232

Hello @headstrong007 didn't have access to TJ properly for a day so just went through your messages. Yes, the thicken lines thing will come in later but other styling options are exactly the same. The line width is pretty visible and you can also change the color.

Supertrend will come in the future. Sure, we have already received that feedback. There are several custom made indicators on TradingView so we'll get there based on popular demand like I said earlier.
View attachment 21672
(Apart from line thickening, everything else is available as of now).
is there a possibility to use "Public Library" for indicators created by other traders
or could we add our own indicator using "My scripts" just like tradingview ? Thanks !

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
This looks great! -

Your order-placement/modification is very similar to TradeSmartOnline's in-house platform, which I'd really liked when I first saw it but I hope yours is not as buggy as theirs. I also like the price-ladder. I'd like to give your platform a try.

Why isn't Fyers on this list? https://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/arbitration_reports/report_1c_2015_16.htm

Can you provide some info on the financial stability of your company? (sorry if it's already been mentioned but I'm too lazy to go through the entire thread)

Thanks @Newbie Day-Trader , for appreciating our platform. Sure, give it a shot. We'd like to be your choice of broker for trading.

Fyers is not on the list because there are no complaints filed against us. :)

We're a debt-free brokerage, have been through several routine NSE inspection and audits and have been fully compliant with their requirements. We don't do proprietary trading unlike other broking houses so there's no solvency risk. Also, we provide reasonable leverage that can be managed by our risk management system.

Hope this clarifies.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
is there a possibility to use "Public Library" for indicators created by other traders
or could we add our own indicator using "My scripts" just like tradingview ? Thanks !
It's not simple to get access to TradingView's public library of indicators/script. If you can find something on the library which is very popularly used in India, do let us know. We'll try implementing it in the near future.