headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Hello @headstrong007 didn't have access to TJ properly for a day so just went through your messages. Yes, the thicken lines thing will come in later but other styling options are exactly the same. The line width is pretty visible and you can also change the color.

Supertrend will come in the future. Sure, we have already received that feedback. There are several custom made indicators on TradingView so we'll get there based on popular demand like I said earlier.
View attachment 21672
(Apart from line thickening, everything else is available as of now).
Thanks, but the lines are not clearly visible with black back ground when we are using 4 or 6 charts. Thicken lines are required.
I uploaded above chart with CROSS & LINE WIDTH both selected to show you that Cross is not visible if line width is not there(I know the drop down features is already there). U can test it presently cross is showing as a dot in smaller charts. Other styles like histogram/area etc are not much useful with ema etc but a thicken cross line look differently, easy to spot on a particular ema.

If in future the thicker line style can help us to make more custom visual settings. Please add thicken line property among in priority list. Only one feature can change the visual of many indicators, if we can properly use it.

Last edited:

headstrong007

Will do this going forward. By the way, hope you guys like the price ladder (DOM - Depth of Market) functionality. It is the first of its kind in India. You can place trades directly from the price ladder. You can view your orders on the ladder. This is something that many of you might find useful. Do let me know your thoughts..

View attachment 21674
Dom is very useful.
Few useful ideas about design.
1. Is that possible to resize or drag the dom window?
For example, if we trade only 1-2 scripts, then lots of free space wasted below the market watch. If we can drag the Dom window below it, then the space presently used for DOM will be free....we can get more space for multi-frame charts.
2. Font size for bid-ask and the bid ask difference inside dom(top) could be increased, there is space to do that.
------------
Is that possible to introduce DOM in fyersone. I know it may be difficult to implement there.
Yes, it's something that many of us might find useful.

Last edited:

headstrong007

It is not possible to store the chart layout on your local system. It gets stored at our servers and hence even if you format your PC, the stored chart layout does not get disrupted. Your local system does not really save the layout at all.
Thanks that make sense. :)
I hope our custom settings will not be lost with every update/add one(faced such problems with kite b4).Our trading view settings are never lost(saved in servers). As fyersweb is based on trading view api, expecting the same.

headstrong007

didn't have access to TJ properly for a day so just went through your messages.
Never mind. Take ur time....Just replying is enough...
------------
Just giving few ideas for future developement...about some attractive features for visual trading....

This is available with trading view, custom made indicators. Similar features like dual colored ema(using similar program), dual colour macd, and a horizontal line on the cross section of MACD/STOCH (green for buy and red for sell ).
See below stoch crossing line, line plotted whenever crossing from overbought(above 80) or over sold(below 20) zone very useful for traders. The similar GREEN/RED line for buy sell macd crossing will make attractive fyersweb and help many traders.

Above picture was taken from trading view, many custom made indicators have such features. Top is dual colour signal macd and 4 colour histogram and below is stoch with green/red-buy/sell crossing from overbought or oversold zone.
If possible please try to add dual colour moving averaging lines and 4 color histograms like above macd in future development. Very useful for trading.

I hope u like the idea. Similar features with fyersone terminal are also always welcome. :happy:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Thanks, but the lines are not clearly visible with black back ground when we are using 4 or 6 charts. Thicken lines are required.
I uploaded above chart with CROSS & LINE WIDTH both selected to show you that Cross is not visible if line width is not there(I know the drop down features is already there). U can test it presently cross is showing as a dot in smaller charts. Other styles like histogram/area etc are not much useful with ema etc but a thicken cross line look differently, easy to spot on a particular ema.

If in future the thicker line style can help us to make more custom visual settings. Please add thicken line property among in priority list. Only one feature can change the visual of many indicators, if we can properly use it.
Noted. Yeah moving averages are useful mostly with candlestick charts which is available by default in Fyers Web. White background is the popular preference and I suggest you try it too. Its easy on the eyes & the shade of white used is not super bright.

We'll look into thicker lines soon.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS

Noted. Yeah moving averages are useful mostly with candlestick charts which is available by default in Fyers Web. White background is the popular preference and I suggest you try it too. Its easy on the eyes & the shade of white used is not super bright.

We'll look into thicker lines soon.

headstrong007

Another suggestion for below type custom made theme...

Actually nowadays dark background with colour combination just like below is very popular world wide. Many web platform nowadays set below type colour(dark bluish with many sheds, not full dark) as default theme as it is proved such combination reduce the starin on our eyes.
Example money control, pro upstox and many more has changed their default theme to dark bluish only bcoz of popularity. It is best suitable for mobile users also. It is also easy for eyes for the longest hour.
Just take a look it's not dark black, but dark shed.. very pleasant for eyes.

Please see below link the money control popular default theme...very pleasant for eyes..
http://www.moneycontrol.com/terminal/index_v1.php?index=43

You can think of adding such custom made theme- dark but a pleasant bluish theme for eyes like above in either fyersweb or feyersone (later). Researchers/ & web designers found recently full dark black also strain our eyes more in the longer time just like many light white sheds.

Last edited:

Sunnyraj

@Tejas Khoday - I have been reading previous posts mentioning that your web platform has similar interface like trading view, which is great!

Just want to ask about a specific feature - In tradingview, whenever we plot some lines, like support/resistance, trendlines, they appear on all time frames.

Like studies drawn on daily would appear on lower time frames like 60min, 5min etc. Weekly S/R levels would show up on daily charts. This is very useful for multiple time frame analysis, coz as a trader I use higher tf studies on lower TF.

So, in your web platform, are these features present?

headstrong007

@Sunnyraj this feature is already present, I think this is one of the popular default features of tradingview chart.
Good thing is that, fyersweb was build using tradingview api so most of the basic features already present & when they are present(api used) they perform exactly similar as tradingview.

Last edited: