Mukr

Hello. I had a few doubts about Fyers API Bridge.

1. Is Fyers API free for a Fyers customer? I visited the Fyers website and there it was mentioned that the charges are 500/- per month. I also saw a video posted on the Fyers YouTube channel where the CEO Mr. Tejas Khoday says that the Fyers API is free. I've also seen a few posts on traderji.com saying that Fyers API is free.

2. I don't have Amibroker software or a Tradingview premium account. Is it still possible for me to use Fyers API Bridge without any of these platforms? On the Fyers website, it was mentioned that Python programming language can be used for creating automated trading algorithms. I have coding experience in Python and wanted to ask if there are any additional requirements that I need to have. Can I solely use Python for creating automated trading algorithms?

3. Can Fyers API Bridge be used with Fyers Web or is it just for Fyers One? I'm asking because I don't use Fyers One since I don't have Windows OS. I only have a Linux OS and hence only use Fyers Web.

4. Is there any backtesting feature available with Fyers API Bridge?
when API brigde is to connect amibroker,tradingview or mt4 how can you use it without them? interesting
yeah if you get tradingview data from fyers its free since its cheaper also you need data anyhow
or data from true data feed for mt4 or amibroker

when API brigde is to connect amibroker,tradingview or mt4 how can you use it without them? interesting
yeah if you get tradingview data from fyers its free since its cheaper also you need data anyhow
or data from true data feed for mt4 or amibroker
Can you please explain clearly? I did not understand anything.

Join our Webinar on Candlestick Pattern Trading With FYERS APIBridge

Tomorrow @ 1 pm

In this webinar learn how to set up/deploy and trade powerful strategies in TradingView using FYERS APIBridge.

Speaker: Saurabh Lohiya, CMT, Algoji

Register Here!

Hello. I had a few doubts about Fyers API Bridge.

1. Is Fyers API free for a Fyers customer? I visited the Fyers website and there it was mentioned that the charges are 500/- per month. I also saw a video posted on the Fyers YouTube channel where the CEO Mr. Tejas Khoday says that the Fyers API is free. I've also seen a few posts on traderji.com saying that Fyers API is free.

2. I don't have Amibroker software or a Tradingview premium account. Is it still possible for me to use Fyers API Bridge without any of these platforms? On the Fyers website, it was mentioned that Python programming language can be used for creating automated trading algorithms. I have coding experience in Python and wanted to ask if there are any additional requirements that I need to have. Can I solely use Python for creating automated trading algorithms?

3. Can Fyers API Bridge be used with Fyers Web or is it just for Fyers One? I'm asking because I don't use Fyers One since I don't have Windows OS. I only have a Linux OS and hence only use Fyers Web.

4. Is there any backtesting feature available with Fyers API Bridge?
Hi @Ronith12,

1. Yes, Fyers API is absolutely free to all our users. Whereas, FYERS API Bridge has a subscription plan - Monthly/Yearly. Please keep this mind that FYERS API and FYERS API Bridge are two different products and has different use case. We request you to refer these blog post to understand more about this.
2. You will be required to have a front-end platform such as TradingView, Amibroker, Ninjatrader, etc to deploy your strategies and get them traded using FYERS API Bridge. Basically, the API bridge acts as a connection between the front-end charting/Algo platform or an alert generating platforms and the order matching engine. The interface connection is extended using a trading API. You can subscribe to TradingView through us & get FYERS API Bridge for free. Using the Bridge, you can integrate TradingView with your FYERS Account for AlgoTrading. For more info on this offer - FYERS Strengthens Ties With TradingView

You can develop your algorithm/strategies in python if you're comfortable with programming (as you mentioned) using our Trading APIs. Also, for Python users, we have launched a Data API offered by TrueData to our users - FYERS Ties Up With TrueData.

3. FYERS API Bridge connects you to our OMS infrastructure through API irrespective of the platform. Your trades will be visible on our platforms which are traded by Bridge.

4. API Bridge will trade signals generated by your strategies/algorithms deployed on front-end platform. You can paper-trade your alerts in a live environment in API Bridge. For Back-testing you will need a front-end platform which supports these functionalities before deploying for actual trades.

Algo trading has it's learning curve. Hope you find this helpful.

Last edited:
Hi @Ronith12,

1. Yes, Fyers API is absolutely free to all our users. Whereas, FYERS API Bridge has a subscription plan - Monthly/Yearly. Please keep this mind that FYERS API and FYERS API Bridge are two different products and has different use case. We request you to refer these blog post to understand more about this.
2. You will be required to have a front-end platform such as TradingView, Amibroker, Ninjatrader, etc to deploy your strategies and get them traded using FYERS API Bridge. Basically, the API bridge acts as a connection between the front-end charting/Algo platform or an alert generating platforms and the order matching engine. The interface connection is extended using a trading API. You can subscribe to TradingView through us & get FYERS API Bridge for free. Using the Bridge, you can integrate TradingView with your FYERS Account for AlgoTrading. For more info on this offer - FYERS Strengthens Ties With TradingView

You can develop your algorithm/strategies in python if you're comfortable with programming (as you mentioned) using our Trading APIs. Also, for Python users, we have launched a Data API offered by TrueData to our users - FYERS Ties Up With TrueData.

3. FYERS API Bridge connects you to our OMS infrastructure through API irrespective of the platform. Your trades will be visible on our platforms which are traded by Bridge.

4. API Bridge will trade signals generated by your strategies/algorithms deployed on front-end platform. You can paper-trade your alerts in a live environment in API Bridge. For Back-testing you will need a front-end platform which supports these functionalities before deploying for actual trades.

Algo trading has it's learning curve. Hope you find this helpful.
Thank you for your reply. If I want to deploy my trading strategy using Python, will I compulsorily have to subscribe to True Data API (which costs 1600/- per month for real time data) ? If yes, then will that be enough or will I have to subscribe to some other service as well? Will I be able to do algorithmic trading by paying a price of 1600/- per month?