Stop Entry for Brackets is allowed.
I suppose you mean buying at a trigger price that is higher than current price.

Yes, by Stop entry I meant that only, trigger buying >CMP & selling <CMP. For this we need to use SL_M as order type (Stop entry). So you're saying that facility is not available in CO but available with BO?

travi

Out of curiosity,

aren't the CO/BO SL legs injected at the time of the trade in the Exchange servers trade book ?

If yes, then the risk is only with BO, bcos once one leg is triggered the other has to be cancelled and if the OMS can't do that there is a problem (big)

So what is the risk with CO orders if intraday are being enabled ?
bcos even intraday orders have to squared-off by the OMS and in the last 20m if there is no connectivity it's the same problem.

Context is not intraday volatility ( when certain types or orders are blocked ) but rather connectivity.

Last edited:

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Out of curiosity,

aren't the CO/BO SL legs injected at the time of the trade in the Exchange servers trade book ?

If yes, then the risk is only with BO, bcos once one leg is triggered the other has to be cancelled and if the OMS can't do that there is a problem (big)

So what is the risk with CO orders if intraday are being enabled ?
bcos even intraday orders have to squared-off by the OMS and in the last 20m if there is no connectivity it's the same problem.

Context is not intraday volatility ( when certain types or orders are blocked ) but rather connectivity.
Hey @travi,

CO/BO and all other open orders sit on the exchanges' order books. The risk is that if there is an outage at the exchange due to whatsoever reason, there is a high likelihood that the pending orders (Including SL) will not get executed. Also, if the exchange cancels all open orders, stop losses will get deleted and that leaves the clients and broker exposed to the price risk beyond what we're prepared to deal with.

If you wonder why we didn't block INtraday, it's because they are less leveraged as compared to BO/CO.

midhoo

@Tejas Khoday

One of the most needed feature missing in fyers is " Interchangeably Modify Orders". Eg. If a place stoploss order and I can change that as Limit order/ Market order as per my requirements. Other platforms have this feature. I know fyers is having more tools than other platforms but still missing some most basic things like trade from watch-list. Please give priority to these kind of updates first.
@Tejas Khoday @FYERS_Team

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi @midhoo, What do you mean by you are missing basic features such as trade from watchlist? To the best of my knowledge, FYERS Web has the most order placement options as compared to any platforms. Watch this video for more information. This video explains order modification. Orders can be placed & modified in the following ways
  1. FLoating BUY/SELL Widget
  2. Drag & Drop feature on charts (Trade from Charts).
  3. Price Ladder (DOM)
  4. Edit Orders from the Order Book

Hi Fyers team,
Even after contacting you and your teamviewer support, Nifty future charts continued to print wrongly with several tics gaps and missing candles until the end of today's session. This problem should be corrected with your topmost priority. I am a fan of your web platform, but please ensure us with correct data.

Manish

this is NIFTY June future chart,
1591266413546.png

1591266413546.png
1591266413546.png

Last edited:
Hi @Tejas Khoday

I loved using the fyers web more than fyers one which is loaded with lots of very nice tools such as market dynamics and symbol meter,live scanner etc etc.

can u add volume profile as well to fyers web.

Thank You