Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday : Do you have any plans for Allowing Trading in US Stocks . I saw some ads of new players in Market with US Stocks Trade Plans. This is not a popular segment yet and It can be a good opportunity for Fyers.
Hi @mevaibhav, US Stocks? Hmmm.. Not on the radar right now! I have not yet evaluated the feasibility of it and we aim to provide more features on the platform for Indian markets. Apart from the FAANG (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix & Google), I don't think there is any demand for US stocks and neither is there enough information about it for Indian retail investors. The difference in Time Zones is a big drawback too.

In fact, I think that these stocks must be listed on NSE & BSE so that the shares can be purchased by Indian citizens rather than having to do it on NASDAQ in US Dollars which is highly unlikely to generate enough interest. In the 1970s, MNCs were forced to list in India and people got the opportunities to invest in them at a very early stage. Those who did and held on make a lot of money via appreciation and dividends! Similarly, FAANG stocks and other such MNCs who employ a lot of Indians and compete with Indian business must provide an ownership opportunity to the society at large. Until that happens, the demand will be lackluster in my honest opinion.

Last edited:
It takes 4 seconds to get order conformation & my net is working fine. Please have a look.
Video link here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YOm82OhwSm_rBmCY-ltYBBuSJ0xFUb9b

Order modification is taking more than 7 seconds some times and if i want to change order type from order window also consuming more time, please fix above issues before introducing any new features to Fyers web.
Execution speed of fyers web should be on par with NSENOW / NEST.
Nah.. it's always like this. The order placement/modification are way too slow and a serious deterrent to trading. Good for charting though.

I'm sure it all works fine at your end. But for those running NEST and Fyers web side by side, the difference is stark.
Hi @naveen_talkin @timepass
We request you to kindly show us the modification on remote as per your convenience during market hours.
Thanks!

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
What are the key points should we kept while we do intraday options trading? Weekly or monthly index options, which should we trade for intraday?
Hi @Prashant2810, I couldn't reply yesterday. Here are some of the things you should keep in mind when trading options in the intraday timeframe according to me. These are just my 2 cents and not advice as such:
  1. Trade in the most liquid contracts. You will be really surprised how fast liquidity can disappear in contracts if the price of the underlying goes in the opposite direction.

2. If you're a buyer, choose contracts which are not susceptible to time decay during the day. In this context, OTM options must be traded at the beginning of the first week of the contract. After that, the premium value will decay at a faster rate so the odds are against you.

3. If you're a buyer, choose a liquid In the Money (ITM) contract for the most part. The more intrinsic value the option has, higher your margin of safety is. Trading deep ITM is the equivalent of trading futures except, with lower margin requirements for buyers of options. These options have maximum intrinsic value and little time value.

4. If you're trading in stock options it's best to keep moving your strike price closer to the underlying. FYI stock options only have monthly contracts.
  5. BankNifty Weekly contracts have the maximum volume and they are liquid. It is suitable for intraday traders since they are less exposed to time decay. However, Nifty weekly options are not very liquid especially the strike prices which are end with 50.

Prashant2810

Web Developer and Trader
Hi @Prashant2810, I couldn't reply yesterday. Here are some of the things you should keep in mind when trading options in the intraday timeframe according to me. These are just my 2 cents and not advice as such:
  1. Trade in the most liquid contracts. You will be really surprised how fast liquidity can disappear in contracts if the price of the underlying goes in the opposite direction.

2. If you're a buyer, choose contracts which are not susceptible to time decay during the day. In this context, OTM options must be traded at the beginning of the first week of the contract. After that, the premium value will decay at a faster rate so the odds are against you.

3. If you're a buyer, choose a liquid In the Money (ITM) contract for the most part. The more intrinsic value the option has, higher your margin of safety is. Trading deep ITM is the equivalent of trading futures except, with lower margin requirements for buyers of options. These options have maximum intrinsic value and little time value.

4. If you're trading in stock options it's best to keep moving your strike price closer to the underlying. FYI stock options only have monthly contracts.
  5. BankNifty Weekly contracts have the maximum volume and they are liquid. It is suitable for intraday traders since they are less exposed to time decay. However, Nifty weekly options are not very liquid especially the strike prices which are end with 50.
Thanks for the information.

contacted your support they have solved the issue. but again i am facing the same below issue: