Bit off topic, but received a mail from my first trading account brokerage - a so called full service broker , stating that brokerages are reduced for NITY IT options to Rs.50 per lot .:confusedd::confusedd::eek::eek: . Seriously ? Had a good laugh . Is really others are still charging sooo much ? Thanks to FYERS,zerodha and other discount brokerages for completely changing the landscape .

Hi @Tejas Khoday

I recently opened an account with FYERS. So far so good. However, two queries:

i) is there an option to view market by price data, especially ATP & OI for a scrip in Fyers Web platform? Alternatively, is DOM available in Fyers ONE?

ii) it seems you are charging higher brokerage on the squareoff side of bracket orders. I already have a support ticket on this but no response received. The issue seems, if lets say i have a multi lot buy bracket order(lets say 10lots) and it gets filled in batches (say 5lots, 3lots and 2 lots), then there are 3 squareoff/stoploss orders generated (logical) and brokerage charged for three, which seems odd as i placed only one order and expect to be charged brokerage for only 2 trades, no matter what fill i got. Could you please look into it.

thanks.

Raj232

Hi @Raj232,

Our margin requirements for Bracket Orders are lower than many other brokers. Tell me which scrips you are talking about and which broker so that we can make the comparisons and get back to you. I hope you are not comparing with brokers who provide unreasonably high leverage which can compromise risk management for both, the broker and client.

We charge zero fees for:
  1. Opening a trading account.
  2. Investments (Overnight equity trades).
  3. Regular trades if you win the 30 Day Challenge without any upper limits.
Zero brokerage in Bracket Orders? What's next.
Thanks a lot @Tejas Khoday for looking into my post.
Believe it or not Fyers is missing out on a huge market (clients as well as volumes) which can be captured with a few tweaks...
Most of my colleagues are looking out for a broker with stability and good "bracket order features". Needless to say that in a bracket order, the second leg can go into multiple trades which comes out very expensive
e.g. If I buy Suzlon @ Rs 10.50 X 20 shares with a stop of Rs 8.50 and target of Rs 15. If Rs 10.50 is hit slowly with multiple trades, then there are multiple "target" and "stoploss" orders placed. If 10 trades happen if 1 share each every minute .. the brokerage Rs 200 .

In this case the fixed cost is much more than expected. The total buy value = 10.5 X 20 = Each order has a cost of Rs 210.

In any case with the 30-Day challenge, you are refunding all the brokerage, better to try out free bracket orders for 3 months and see how well it works.
[ just only make sure that the account opening teams are staffed sufficiently .. :) ]

Last edited:

Raj232

Bit off topic, but received a mail from my first trading account brokerage - a so called full service broker , stating that brokerages are reduced for NITY IT options to Rs.50 per lot .:confusedd::confusedd::eek::eek: . Seriously ? Had a good laugh . Is really others are still charging sooo much ? Thanks to FYERS,zerodha and other discount brokerages for completely changing the landscape .
Not trying to sound too pessimistic.. but heard that the full fledged brokers are trying to catch up soon.
Mostilal Oswal and Kotak are hot on heels ..
Kotak Securites has reduced their brokerage to Rs 21 per order :)

Raj232

Hi @Tejas Khoday

i) is there an option to view market by price data, especially ATP & OI for a scrip in Fyers Web platform? Alternatively, is DOM available in Fyers ONE?

ii) it seems you are charging higher brokerage on the squareoff side of bracket orders. I already have a support ticket on this but no response received. The issue seems, if lets say i have a multi lot buy bracket order(lets say 10lots) and it gets filled in batches (say 5lots, 3lots and 2 lots), then there are 3 squareoff/stoploss orders generated (logical) and brokerage charged for three, which seems odd as i placed only one order and expect to be charged brokerage for only 2 trades, no matter what fill i got. Could you please look into it.

thanks.
Yes, this grouse is with all clients, but brokers are yet to come to the understanding of what the issue is. I have always suggested that bracket orders should be made brokerage free as the volumes are surely higher while the risk is lower.

Raj232

IMHO , brokerages costs are fine only(as long as it is at bearable level) and the same is needed so that brokers can earn and in turn use the same provide us a reliable platform for trading along with necessary support without any glitches . Rather than NIL brokerage , a monthly unlimited plan for frequent traders for a sum of Rs. say 1k or 2k or bit more kind of thing will be a win win proposition for both traders and brokers.
Many brokers are allowing unlimited trading for Rs 999 per month .. but yes, its a long way to go for brokers to come up with multiple plans etc :)

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS

thanks.
Hello @msmee and @Raj232 ,

1. Fyers Web is simple and focused on order execution, the accuracy of data & charting at the moment. No, we haven't added a whole lot of other features because we want to keep it simple. Not many have asked for more features as yet. We're not averse to introducing new features but just more cautious with what we introduce on it. We don't want to overload it like Fyers One in the near future at least.

2. We don't charge higher! You are totally misinformed. If bracket orders are sliced while being executed, then they get charged as separate executed orders. This is a standard across brokerages. Just ask anyone who uses NEST or Omnesys based trading platforms with any other broker.

Other brokers may not tell you how bracket orders really work because they may not be aware of the intricacies of how the order is exactly managed in the back-end involving the exchange. But for everyone's knowledge and to clear your doubts, I will tell you how bracket orders work & why you can get charged more if your Bracket Order has been executed in parts.

A. The client places an order to buy 2 Quantities of XYZ at ₹100 with a Target of 105 & SL of 98.
B. This order is received by the broker and is sent to the exchange for execution (Leg-1).
C. The order is partially executed as only 1 quantity is purchased at ₹100. Since Leg-1 is partially executed, the broker's platform then places a target order at 105 & SL at 98 for that 1 quantity. These orders are placed in the exchange's order book.
D. After some time, the pending quantity of 1 gets executed too. The brokerage platform then places a new Target order at 105 and SL at 98. So now, there are multiple orders Targets & SLs on the exchange order book.
E. Let's say your target is hit at 105. In this case, since your order was entered in 2 parts, we had to place 2 target orders too. So in this case, when the price hits 105, your orders will get executed in the way it was entered. The orders are not modified for your own safety and to prevent any failures arising out modification errors.

Bracket Order (Interaction between broker, Exchange & Client) - FYERS.png

The image above shows the interaction between the Client, Broker & Exchange. The reason I have mentioned it is to help you understand what is exactly happens during a bracket order execution. Please understand that in bracket order, execution is the most important part. If a broker tries to modify an existing order, then your brokerage will be <20. But what if the execution fails as a result of order modification errors/delays due to bandwidth? For us, getting it right is the first priority. Also, being levied 20 rupees a few times shouldn't be an issue if you ask me. Why? There's a lot of work & investment that goes into making this possible.

Hope this clarifies.