Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday
please consider to give your backoffice a overhaul in priority.
Yeah, I know. It's something that we wanted to take up a while ago but then got held up with other developments. It will be done once we finish up everything else. Can't give any deadlines as it will take up a lot of time given we have to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.

Thanks for the feedback! I totally agree with your view.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday :

Very first trade of the day and i faced this issue:
I was 500 long on Tata Steel and had SL order and partial profit booking limit order in place. Then I wanted to close my position.

1) Initially it wont let me cancel the position by clicking on the "close position"

2)Then I tried dragging the SL line up and it said : Nothing to modify. So i thought may be I cancelled SL and that order is cancelled but not showing as cancelled on charts so i refreshed chart but order line was still there. Then I again tried to drag the SL line but again got the message nothing to modify. So I cancelled the running short order ("close position" worked this time) and at next moment my SL line was hit and now I was 500 short.
Hi Krushna, I have explained how to deal with this on the thread a few times before but I guess I will have to write it somewhere on our website too in the future. I'll tell you how it works currently:

1. When you are in a position and the chart shows the position, profit & stop loss if you are inactive, it may not refresh.

2. If you are using the platform by selecting any scrip, changing charts, adding/removing indicators, zoom in/out, going through dashboard etc., the position will be refreshed in real-time.

3. If it is left inactive, you must either reload the page by clicking on the refresh icon on the browser OR Crtl+Shift +R OR go to dashboard settings and click on "Refresh trading details". This must be done before trying to close positions from the chart otherwise, your positions can go awry.

We are working on ways to ensure real-time updates despite having an inactive screen. It's not the most simple thing considering the front-end chart functionality and stuff. But we're on the job.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
In was trying to modify my stop loss order and got this error message: I called the support and at that time it worked properly. Then after a few moments it again started giving me the same error. Please ask your technical team to look into this.

View attachment 33452

Hi @Krushna, If a pending order is traded and is not updated in the client position book then you will get this message. Basically, you need to reload the page. to check the order status.

kaly422000

I understand how you feel but it's not about believing clients. I'll give you a real example of what tends to happen. For example, a trader opens an account to use a platform because the trading platform is good in comparison to their existing broker. He then starts trading/using for a while and decides to withdraw his funds from his trading account to nullify the account balance. In such a case, how can a third party recover dues for services/demat access provided by them? When dealing with a large number of clients. A company needs some certainty of cash flows. That's why ECS has been introduced.

Initially, IL&FS (ISSL) had an ECS/NACH mandate of ₹1,00,000/- (One full lakh!) and this mandate was applicable to all the clients sourced from different brokerages that they are tied up with. However, because of our constant follow-ups and requests to rationalize the amount for debits, they have finally reduced the ECS mandate amount to a tenth of the original value. Even this is very high but it's something that we have managed to get done form a group such as IL&FS which is very institutional in its approach.

Hope this clarifies.
but still it is not common practice as most brokers not applying it. any way as i know most clients dont like it, if he/she identify it in application form. but maximum amount to be debited in a year mentioned as i recalled is rs 600/ or so maximum/year. that is not an issue but problem is that by ecs dp service provider have access to bank account and ecs can be cancelled if dp service provider wish, so many clients wud not expose main bank account with it . any way i have no problem as i do intraday and mcx in fyers still now. as fyers platform is stable so want to attach poa demat with it

Does anybody know definitively whether we can access BSE from Fyers? I did see a BSE member code on the website and I have seen a few BSE stocks trading on Fyers One but I haven't seen any on web and neither is there an option to choose BSE in the segment addition form.

soft_trader

"KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets-once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary(broker,DP,Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary"

https://nsdl.co.in/Attention_Investors.php

Then why do we need to provide KYC documents again and again whenever we open new account?

"KYC is one time exercise while dealing in securities markets-once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary(broker,DP,Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary"

https://nsdl.co.in/Attention_Investors.php

Then why do we need to provide KYC documents again and again whenever we open new account?
Yeah, or for adding a new segment.

Tejas,

I love tradingview native platform and pine script.

What kind of integration is there with Fyers backend?

Tradingview does not support NSE options and futures on their platform. How will this work with Fyers?

I am mostly options trader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk