Latest Update from our Notice Board: Introducing Bracket Orders (Phase-2)!

We have implemented Phase-2 of the bracket order functionality! You can now place bracket orders using the following order types:

1. Limit
2. Market
3. SL-M
4. SL-L

We have also introduced Bracket orders for Commodities segment!
We are among a handful of brokerages in India to provide this feature. I look forward to your continued support while we improve our trading platform as per traders’ requirements. Read more about it here.
This is available on both Fyers Web and Fyers One ??

kaly422000

Hey @kaly422000, We have applied for the DP license but apparently, it takes a very long time and we are in the queue. When we do get the license and start our own demat services, we will keep your feedback in mind. Are you saying that nobody takes ECS for demat charges? That's certainly not true. Please double check and let me know if you'd like us to check out any particular brokers' practices. You can send me a private message too.
not many brokers but some of them practice ecs debit for dp service. in discount broking service ,one is samco. some others in full service brokers but maximum brokers i think have system to debit from trading account. traders knows that they have to pay demat charges and outgoing charges etc but using ecs system ,it means they(IL&FS in this case) dont beleive their clients. any way if IL&FS INTRO ECS FREE demat service wud be good for the time being for us to have demat account

@Tejas Khoday :

Very first trade of the day and i faced this issue:
I was 500 long on Tata Steel and had SL order and partial profit booking limit order in place. Then I wanted to close my position.

1) Initially it wont let me cancel the position by clicking on the "close position"

2)Then I tried dragging the SL line up and it said : Nothing to modify. So i thought may be I cancelled SL and that order is cancelled but not showing as cancelled on charts so i refreshed chart but order line was still there. Then I again tried to drag the SL line but again got the message nothing to modify. So I cancelled the running short order ("close position" worked this time) and at next moment my SL line was hit and now I was 500 short.

In was trying to modify my stop loss order and got this error message: I called the support and at that time it worked properly. Then after a few moments it again started giving me the same error. Please ask your technical team to look into this.

error.png

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
not many brokers but some of them practice ecs debit for dp service. in discount broking service ,one is samco. some others in full service brokers but maximum brokers i think have system to debit from trading account. traders knows that they have to pay demat charges and outgoing charges etc but using ecs system ,it means they(IL&FS in this case) dont beleive their clients. any way if IL&FS INTRO ECS FREE demat service wud be good for the time being for us to have demat account
I understand how you feel but it's not about believing clients. I'll give you a real example of what tends to happen. For example, a trader opens an account to use a platform because the trading platform is good in comparison to their existing broker. He then starts trading/using for a while and decides to withdraw his funds from his trading account to nullify the account balance. In such a case, how can a third party recover dues for services/demat access provided by them? When dealing with a large number of clients. A company needs some certainty of cash flows. That's why ECS has been introduced.

Initially, IL&FS (ISSL) had an ECS/NACH mandate of ₹1,00,000/- (One full lakh!) and this mandate was applicable to all the clients sourced from different brokerages that they are tied up with. However, because of our constant follow-ups and requests to rationalize the amount for debits, they have finally reduced the ECS mandate amount to a tenth of the original value. Even this is very high but it's something that we have managed to get done form a group such as IL&FS which is very institutional in its approach.

Hope this clarifies.

Last edited: