Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Margin requirements gap between front end and backoffice

Hi Tejas,

There seems to be a big gap between what is shown as Margin available at frontend and at backoffice. This has started happening since the new margin requirements had come up on Jan 21. I had logged a support ticket at that point. It appeared to have been fixed few days back but again I see the same inconsistency today.
Right now I see a gap of more than Rs 1.5 lakhs in what is being shown at front end (higher amount) and at back office (lower). Can you pls look into this?

On Jan 21 & 22, front end showed positive margin in my account and I could also place new trades but backend had negative figure there and I ended up paying margin penalty as I was only looking at the front end figure. Now I am more careful but there is a possibility that some clients would be getting hit with this.

Regards
Abhishek
Hey, your query is genuine. There are instances this might have happened.

The difference in Front-end and Back-end: This happens usually because of the exposure limits set by the exchange. At the back-end we do the process on the same day (For Eg: 12-02-2018 Exposure limit might be 5%). But the file we upload in the front by EOD is (13-02-2019 exposure might have changed to 7% due to change in MWPL) then there will be margin difference. In the back-end, the margin blocked will be less and in the front-end, margin block will show more. In any case, we are trying to fix this and will give an update soon to nullify the differences between back-end and front-end.

Penalties are charged if the client has used the un-clear balance. For eg: Lets say, you have sold the equities and funds are released immediately. If you use those funds for trading in FNO (carry forward). It will attract to penalty as you have used the unclear balance as per the exchange's regulations.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
I just opened an account. Requesting that sub 1 min time frames be available on both Fyers One and Web. Ideally, you would allow users to set their own time frames - 10s, 15s, 30s, etc.

Also, is there any plan to introduce footprint charts? These are critical for intra day trading and my long term platform choice will be driven by this offering.
Hi @Nacho, it is possible to customize it up-to 1-minute time frame. You can also customize to any time frame in the multiples of 1 minute. However, we have restricted it to that because time frame in seconds is not optimal to implement for various reasons.

Hope this clarifies. Happy Trading!

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi @Tejas Khoday

Thank you for the reply.
You say:
"Sometimes, the positions get squared off when the price hits the pending orders but the page is not refreshed and hence, the chart continues to show the position."
Ok, I agree with this, something your technical team needs to work on.
And I also give the benefit of doubt to Fyers since I am not sure if my order was SL or SL-M, but as much as I remember, I never give SL-M order.
And such a thing never happened with me in the last 3-4 years I have been trading intraday. The major concern here would be trading futures or increase the position size in cash until this issue is sorted out. As it is, intraday traders have many things to worry about their own trading, and this would be one extra burden to carry.

Regards
Krushna.
Yes, we are working on this. This issue exists because we have enabled trading from charts! At the time, it was the best possible solution that we could provide. Since then our team has been working on it and we shall resolve it at the earliest so that the chart is auto-refreshed if there are any order executions/changes to the positions.

Hi @Tejas Khoday

I had a query. Dont know if you can help as i never understood this in your system.

I want to place a buy order in intraday, if and only if Crude reaches 3870 today for example.

So how do i set that ?? If i place a LIMIT order at that price and even though the price now is 3840 it books the same.

If it place market order it will pick the same at market price...

Please advise ...

Regards
Greg

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hi @Tejas Khoday

I had a query. Dont know if you can help as i never understood this in your system.

I want to place a buy order in intraday, if and only if Crude reaches 3870 today for example.

So how do i set that ?? If i place a LIMIT order at that price and even though the price now is 3840 it books the same.

If it place market order it will pick the same at market price...

Please advise ...

Regards
Greg
Hi @gregferns,

It's simple! Just open a buy order window and select "Stop" or "Stop Limit" as per your preference. If you select "Stop" it will activate the SL-M feature and if you select "Stop Limit" it will activate the SL-L feature. Next, you will need to enter the price at which you want to buy as shown below:

SL-M Buy Order Crude 1.png

Once you submit the order, you will see that the order will be pending in the order book and will show on the chart as shown below:

SL-M Buy Order Crude.png

And that's it!

Hi @gregferns,

It's simple! Just open a buy order window and select "Stop" or "Stop Limit" as per your preference. If you select "Stop" it will activate the SL-M feature and if you select "Stop Limit" it will activate the SL-L feature. Next, you will need to enter the price at which you want to buy as shown below:

View attachment 33375

Once you submit the order, you will see that the order will be pending in the order book and will show on the chart as shown below:

View attachment 33376

And that's it!
Cool.... Thanks a lot.

So, if i understood you correctly STOP will be for SL-M meaning once price touches 3870, buy order will get executed at whatever market is within that moment. It may be 3871 / 3870 / 3869 or whatever right ??

I know i'm asking for too much, but please,,, how will SL - Limit work like ??

Can you show by way of screenshot??

Once again thanks.

Greg