FYERS API Discussions

iTrade

can i get live execution for the following strategy

***** Draw Support / Resistance Levels as follows : ************

R4 = R3 + (R2 - R1)
R3 = R1 + (PREVIOUS DAY HIGH - PREVIOUS DAY LOW )
R2 = PIVOT + (PREVIOUS DAY HIGH - PREVIOUS DAY LOW )
R1 = (2 X PIVOT -PREVIOUS DAY LOW )

PIVOT = (PREVIOUS DAY HIGH + PREVIOUS DAY LOW + PREVIOUS DAY CLOSE ) / 3

S1 = ( PIVOT X 2 ) - PREVIOUS DAY HIGH
S2 = PIVOT - ( PREVIOUS DAY HIGH - PREVIOUS DAY LOW )
S3 = PIVOT - R2 + S1
S4 = S3 - (S1 - S2 )

***** Draw Previous Day's High Line / Previous Day's Low line ********

***** Enable True / False for Viewing Weekly High/Weekly Low, Monthly High / Monthly Low *******
________________________________________________________________________________________________

***** Draw Current Day's First 3 candles High and Low line ******* (Opening Range Breakout )
________________________________________________________________________________________________

First 15 minutes OF THE DAY ( 3 Five Minute Candles ) High is to be marked as ORB HIGH
First 15 minutes OF THE DAY ( 3 Five Minute Candles ) Low is to be marked as ORB LOW
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

BUY LOGIC :

Rule 1 : Atleast one candle ( one Five minute candle) must close above ORB HIGH (First 15Min High)
Rule 2 : Atleast one candle ( one Five minute candle) must close above Previous Day's High
Rule 3 : Atleast one candle (one Five minute candle) must close above Current Day's R1

When all rules matching, place a buy arrow in a new candle open

(** Due to market movements, sometimes, all the rules can be possible in a single candle itself, that also
valid **)

Stoploss is Midpoint of ORB HIGH and ORB LOW ( DRAW STOPLOSS LINE WITH DIFFERENT COLOR )

** No re entry in buy side if stoploss hits, only one buy trade for a day

** No entry after 2 PM , Profit or Loss Exit by 3 PM

SELL LOGIC :

Rule 1 : Atleast one candle ( one Five minute candle) must close below ORB LOW (First 15Min LOW)
Rule 2 : Atleast one candle ( one Five minute candle) must close below Previous Day's Low value
Rule 3 : Atleast one candle (one Five minute candle) must close below Current Day's S1

When all rules matching, place a sell arrow in a new candle open

(** Due to market movements, sometimes, all the rules can be possible in a single candle itself, that also
valid **)

Stoploss is Midpoint of ORB HIGH and ORB LOW ( DRAW STOPLOSS LINE WITH DIFFERENT COLOR )

** No re entry in sell side if stoploss hits, only one sell trade for a day

** No entry after 2 PM , Profit or Loss Exit by 3 PM
Dont mind. You need a developer and will have to pay to get this done. Its not something any broker would offer out of the box.

@vsreeram77

Not sure if you are seeking coding help or some sort of implementing this through Trading view indicators & execution through API bridge. If coding help is needed let me know I can assist on it.

@FYERS_Team

Would like to know why the disclosed quantity feature is not enabled in BO/CO orders ? I'm yet to try it out in API orders.

Reason : We use BO/CO for leverage but if the quantity is high in Equity cash trades, immediately I noticed the the SL is hunted. Its because both target and entry order hit at once and algos running on colocation servers are able to notice it and most often the orders are hunted for SL. Its not tough to figure out stop loss price based on target order, current price and quantity. Right now, BO/CO are useless in my case due to this and unable to use leverage as well.

Can you please see if it can be enabled in API orders atleast (I'm yet to try it out) because as of now even if we pass disClosed Quantity param not sure if its honoured while sending to exchange.
In Upstox its enabled but I'm asking here as they stopped API access as of now.

2. Any idea when web socket live feed will be available ? We can't have order entry and exit criteria automated without live feed. Otherwise, can the API bridge be integrated(fire some request to API bridge) with Java code to trigger orders as its done through chrome extension now ? API bridge integration will help as we can focus on order entry/exit criteria rather than doing book keeping of firing orders, checking status, positions and managing exit as per RMS. Please let me know if anyone has any insights on this.

Thanks.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Latest Blog post on Brainstorm - FYERS Ties Up with TrueData

FYERS is harnessing the fast-growing Systematic/Algo trading ecosystem in India. Our launch of free Trading APIs and API Bridge brought a great response from our clients. Therefore, to take our agenda of providing preferred access to Algo trading and reliable data feeds to the trading fraternity further, we have tied up with TrueData, the leading data vendor in the country.

Hello. I had a few doubts about Fyers API Bridge.

1. Is Fyers API free for a Fyers customer? I visited the Fyers website and there it was mentioned that the charges are 500/- per month. I also saw a video posted on the Fyers YouTube channel where the CEO Mr. Tejas Khoday says that the Fyers API is free. I've also seen a few posts on traderji.com saying that Fyers API is free.

2. I don't have Amibroker software or a Tradingview premium account. Is it still possible for me to use Fyers API Bridge without any of these platforms? On the Fyers website, it was mentioned that Python programming language can be used for creating automated trading algorithms. I have coding experience in Python and wanted to ask if there are any additional requirements that I need to have. Can I solely use Python for creating automated trading algorithms?

3. Can Fyers API Bridge be used with Fyers Web or is it just for Fyers One? I'm asking because I don't use Fyers One since I don't have Windows OS. I only have a Linux OS and hence only use Fyers Web.

4. Is there any backtesting feature available with Fyers API Bridge?

Hey Fyers team and fellow members,

Has anyone wrote a package for R ? Or only for python and node.js. I could potentially develop one, but don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks

best
Rajan