Fyers 30 Days Challenge - Discussion

In 30 days challenge, the site does not allow to start the new challenge period on a day on which earlier challenge period has ended as it says " your current challenge period is active." So the investors have to start the challenge period next day and the site starts the next period on the second day...example : my earlier challenge ended yesterday so at yesterday evening ( even after the market) I tried to put the next period on, it was rejected. So I had to activate start challenge button today and my challenge period starts from tomorrow...thus traders lose one day minimum in between two challenges...please find a solution to this.

Smart_trade

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
In 30 days challenge, the site does not allow to start the new challenge period on a day on which earlier challenge period has ended as it says " your current challenge period is active." So the investors have to start the challenge period next day and the site starts the next period on the second day...example : my earlier challenge ended yesterday so at yesterday evening ( even after the market) I tried to put the next period on, it was rejected. So I had to activate start challenge button today and my challenge period starts from tomorrow...thus traders lose one day minimum in between two challenges...please find a solution to this.

Smart_trade
This has been done to distinguish the end date of the previous challenge and the beginning of the next one. Since we have enabled MCX as well, the trading hours on any day get extended all the way till midnight. Hence, this is not feasible.

1) Make it monthly, beginning on the 1st of every month, compulsorily ending on the last session of the month, regardless of the number of sessions passed since the beginning.

Monthly is more compatible with our thinking.

2) Automatic renewal, with an option to discontinue midway.
Hi @timepass,

1. Clients are active at different times of the month and we add clients every day. Making it compulsory to start at the beginning of the month is not feasible.

2. If implemented, anyone will discontinue and re-start after a few bad trades.
Both good points.

1) If a customer starts/joins on, say, 12th of the month, then his first challenge will be valid till the last session of the month. Maybe will renew automatically on the 1st of the next month.

2) So what if the customer discontinues midway ? He loses the right to brokerage refund for that period.

Maybe allow the first challenge to start mid-month, and any subsequent ones from the next month, whether continuous or not.

Just my thoughts. Looking for input from the other members.

This has been done to distinguish the end date of the previous challenge and the beginning of the next one. Since we have enabled MCX as well, the trading hours on any day get extended all the way till midnight. Hence, this is not feasible.
Even this can be fixed by fixing the start date (beginning of the month) and end date (end of the month).

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Both good points.

1) If a customer starts/joins on, say, 12th of the month, then his first challenge will be valid till the last session of the month. Maybe will renew automatically on the 1st of the next month.

2) So what if the customer discontinues midway ? He loses the right to brokerage refund for that period.

Maybe allow the first challenge to start mid-month, and any subsequent ones from the next month, whether continuous or not.

Just my thoughts. Looking for input from the other members.
If continuing midway is made available, it will reinforce the lack of seriousness IMHO. Thanks for your valuable feedback!

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS

Attachments

Smart_trade
r u serious ? ST .. is it really need a solution ? what the trader might loose if he starts next day the challenge ?

r u serious ? ST .. is it really need a solution ? what the trader might loose if he starts next day the challenge ?
Yes I am pretty serious....after finishing the challenge today, I can press "start new challenge" button only tomorrow and the challenge period starts from day after tomorrow ( and not tomorrow).I dont accept the reason that this is done because commodities work rill 11:30...so at 11:30 all segments finish their 30 days period..so what is the issue in starting at 8:30 tomorrow a fresh 30 days period counting from tomorrows session ( and not day after tomorrow's session ) in all the segments??.....but as FYERS says they cannot do it,so it be , I leave it.....

So after every 30 days period traders lose 1 day minimum and that days performance is not counted in your profits calculations and brokerage refund....it definately needs a solution and can it not be fixed ?In Zerodha they used to start the 60 days period on the same day on which you trigger the start button and all trades done after that are counted in their calculations without any 1 day gap in it....

Smart_trade

Last edited: